Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I scratched my screen

Default I scratched my screen
    Is there a way to fix it besides taking it to apple. If I do I would lose my non mc model.

Thanks

I can't answer your ?, all I can do is just ask you if you really think its that big a deal to actually post about it?
    Is it that big a scratch that you cant really see the screen anymore?
    Or can you just move on w/ your life?
    Next time just buy a damn screen protector, I had 2 screen protectors on my iPT 1st gen, 1 on just the touch-screen and 1 over the whole front of it.
    Now Im on a 2nd gen (MC Model) iOS 4.0, JailbreakMe 2.0, that came w/ a screen protector so im good to go!
    Xeno Templar
    32GB iPT 3rd gen.; JB w/ GP RC 6.1!
    Original XBox; Still working on FW flashing!
    XBox 360 Elite; FW flashed w/ iXtreme!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's a pretty good site dedicated to this issue. I feel for you man, that sucks! Good Luck and let us know what happens!

Possible solutions for iphone scratches

Hey I was just asking a simple question. To you this is nothing but to me it something very important I got this as a High school graduation present from my mom and she have it in graved and it be a waste to get it replaced. so next time don't have such a attuide If you don't know what I'm talking about. And as for the screen protector I have one but whatever scratched it went through it.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Replace the screen or try scratch removers for glass. If its a deep scratch, itll be hard to remove.

U can get a new screen for about $100...and what's so special about mb models now that jailbreakme.com is out?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd say there are probably shops right near you that will replace the glass for you for not too much money. Check out craigslist, they probably advertise there.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple may just replace your screen, they can do that right at the store if you live near one!

if its under warranty, maybe apple will fix. otherwise lots of stores can fix it. differing costs though