Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EXTREMELY slow I-Touch 2g?

Default EXTREMELY slow I-Touch 2g?
    This is something I've never experienced before, so if anyone has any guesses please feel free to shoot them my way.

I received a broken I-Touch from a kid who had "bricked" it. After a nightmarish 2 days of reversing the damage I have arrived at where I am now:

The I-Touch will only turn on when connected to a docking station. This does not include connecting to the computer; it will not turn on at all if not connected to the docking station...

Problem 1 - Why would it work fine on docking station, but not on computer or when not unconnected to anything?

Problem 2 - It gives an ALERT message which says it's not compatible for charging on the dock station...is that normal?

Problem 3 - When removed from the docking station, the I-touch will still work, but it becomes slow to the point of almost being frozen - 30 seconds to each tap.

Any solutions, guesses? Getting this RESTORED to 2.2.1 was hell, but if another restore is my only option, I'll have to take it...

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

The battery might be bad or the logic board could have an issue. If it is newly restored and setup as new then it should not be acting like that.

Default Bad Battery?
    Is there a way to test these batteries? I am simply trying to narrow down the possibilities. Since I don't have access to a new battery, I'm hoping there's a way to open this up and maybe test the current battery...

Thanks

Not that I know of but you can try googling it to see

interesting thread, thanks for information...

What's more interesting is the fact that I got it to work!

The firmware I originally downloaded for my fix was the 2.2.1 (i think). I did some reading and found that others had experienced this same "slowness/lag" with the 2g software. I put the I-Touch into DFU mode again and worked it until I could get the restore on 4.0.2 software and it runs like a kid with diarrea...but not so messy.

Thanks

Nice image