Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod won't go into sleep mode and apps don't launch

Default iPod won't go into sleep mode and apps don't launch
    My iPod won't go into sleep mode when I press the button and apps won't open unless I sync it with iTunes. Cydia updated some apps right before this happened and if it helps my iPod is a 2g mc 4.0 jailbroke with jailbreakme.com. Plz help me this is soooooooooooo annoying.

install SBsettings if you can't reboot, then reboot. see if that works? but then... you probably can't turn it on if the wake button doesn't work...
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i can reboot holding power button works but just pushing it does nothing

Restore it

everything works i can take pics and i have done 3 hard reboots i just cant get it into sleep mode

Install sbsettings, swipe, click power, and then lock. Sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by cainy393 View Post
    Install sbsettings, swipe, click power, and then lock. Sorted!
    ive done that already

its probably a hardware bug, restore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishir G View Post
    its probably a hardware bug, restore it.
    thats what i was gonna do at first but it also will update when it restores and i cant jailbreak it on 4.0.2 cause an mc.

Do you have a SHSH blob saved? If you do, you can restore, and be on 4.0 if you just rememberd to save your SHSH blobs.

it says i do but idk how to use them

The Firmware Umbrella
    Go there Right side > Download it for Windows, Mac, Linux etc.
    Open the program, Connect USB click "Save my SHSH" wait till it finishes, then Click "Start TSS Server" Then go to iTunes and restore, and it should go back to your 4.0 firmware.

PLEASE READ THIS: I'm not sure, i've never tried it, i read it some where else, get someone who knows about iDevices to confirm me, THEN do it.

ok thnx ill try it says on the website its compatible with 4.0.2 so ill try it and let you know wat happens

i finally fixed it i reset it for the 6th time and it finally works thnx for all your help
    Last edited by die glocke; 2010-08-21 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

no problem, did the solution i say above work? if so i can recommend this to other friends i haven't told them because if i get it wrong... yeah.. i'm screwed so it worked perfectly to go back on to 4.0 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shishir G View Post
    no problem, did the solution i say above work? if so i can recommend this to other friends i haven't told them because if i get it wrong... yeah.. i'm screwed so it worked perfectly to go back on to 4.0 right?
    No I didn't do that i held power and home wen it waz off I did that 6 times and it worked but I saved my shsh blobs and it worked doin that so I think it would work restoring it to 4.0