Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problem with cydia

Default problem with cydia
    as soon as i started cydia for the first time,a pop up came out telling "2 important upgrades" so i let it upgrade it self and after that all the icons desappeard from my springboar.is not a big deal because i downloaded winterboard and as soon as i setted my background all the icons came back again...the thing is that everytime i wanna instal a slider or something else,it happens again and it stays in that way til i fix it with winterboard...

what could it be?
    cydia never gave me this problem...i had to restore my ipod and do all the process again today in order to show my dumb cousin how to do it on skype...
    i regrat that...but family is family,isn't it?lol

I think im having same issues, usually when i install/uninstall something from cydia some of my apps will disappear but the name of the app is still there and the app IS actually there just icon disappeared. The springboard also gets really slow. The second I respring/reapply the theme all icons reappear and it's fast again. I'm also really wanting to know what the issue is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone lanulos's Avatar
    Thanks

Default It sounds like you need to respring.
    This is iOS4.0, right? normally Cydia can tell when it needs to respring after installing something. It sounds like Winterboard is confusing Cydia about this. When you change the wallpaper in Winterboard, it forces a respring. If you have SBSettings installed, it has a respring button you could use to do this.

Mine is 3.1.3 but i think his was iOS4. It seems a lot of people having this issue believe it is because of an update of Mobile Substrate. Don't think it's a big deal just hope it gets fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAMW View Post
    Mine is 3.1.3 but i think his was iOS4. It seems a lot of people having this issue believe it is because of an update of Mobile Substrate. Don't think it's a big deal just hope it gets fixed soon.

i hope the same.we have the same issue and the same firmware...i hope they r coming out with something to fix this lol

@lanulos: yup as soon as i respring everything start working in a normal way.i'll do the thing with the sbsettings,thanks for the hint

iPhone? More like MyPhone GADeputy's Avatar
    Thanks

I just checked Cydia and there's a new Mobile Substrate upgrade out. I installed it and now I don't have the disappearing icons any more.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. It's doing it again.
    Last edited by GADeputy; 2010-08-06 at 04:21 AM.
    iPhone 5 16GB
    Firmware 6.1
    Jailbroken with evasi0n

iPad 3 16GB
    Firmware 6.1
    Jailbroken with evasi0n

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GADeputy For This Useful Post:

Ruspino (2010-08-06)

oh that's great!i'll go and check now

this is a problem with UIKit tools. its only affecting people on 3.1.x firmwares and the only current solution is to wait until a fix is released or revert back to an older version.

Quote Originally Posted by GADeputy View Post
    I just checked Cydia and there's a new Mobile Substrate upgrade out. I installed it and now I don't have the disappearing icons any more.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. It's doing it again.

yes man,same here...lol
    like devadv said,we better wait for them to solve the problem...is just a pain to respring everytime

Code:
    http://apt.saurik.com/debs/uikittools_1.0.3198-1_iphoneos-arm.deb
    download, dpkg -i, reboot device. problem solved.

its what i did.

or you can wait til there's a fixed version out. apparently saurik knows of the problem so...ya.

Well at least he knows about it and can start working on a fix.

yup,i'll wait for saurik for fix it.

i'll respring when needed

tons of ppl r going to go crazy the first time they gonna see theyr springboard doing the "icon desappearing game"...
    i restored my ipod 4 times,then i decided to ask

well, from what im told, this was happening in iOS4, so he released a fix for it. now its doing it in 3.1.x firmwares.

i was told on sauriks irc that he knows of the problem, but whether or not he actually knows is a mystery.

for sure he is doing something also for the 3.1.x firmwares.
    if he already fixed the 4.0 he'll find a way also for us.(i hope so)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just made a new thread about this very problem, after upgrading to os4 then jail breaking, apps are not there but if I do a search, they are still there?

Also mxtube did not reappear when I restored through apt back up, and now it is gone from cydia, did anyone else have this problem?

i update my iphone to 4.0...no more mxtube for me eheheh but the icons are all there ;o)
    i gave my ipod to my mom and she is not having problem with icons
    but my ipod touch is 1g 3.1.3