Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there any way to hide an update in the App Store?

iPhone? More like MyPhone lanulos's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Is there any way to hide an update in the App Store?
    An app I got has an update available which does nothing but install ads in a previously ad-free program. Obviously I don't want to install it, but now there's always one showing on the AppStore icon, and I can't use Update All in the update list. Is there any way to hide that one update? The iPod is jailbroken and running os3.1.3.

Lightbulb Here it is
    Navigate to \private\var\mobile\Applications\ and find the folder for the app that you want to hide. Go into that folder (something like 12BDA176-5A38-48EA-B785-12A91E91AC8D) and backup/move the two files
    iTunesArtwork
    iTunesMetadata.plist

into a new folder, for example \No_Update

You should be all set and AppStore will not check that app anymore

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xmario99 For This Useful Post:

lanulos (2010-08-03)

iPhone? More like MyPhone lanulos's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Wow! Thanks!
    That worked great! I think you win the prize for Highest Quality of a First Post! Now I can use Update All again!

Only problem I found is when I synced my phone with iTunes, it said that it could not install/sync the app that I had previously modified and that app was corrupted on my phone after that...So I think before syncing with iTunes I should restore the 2 files back to their location and after that put them away again until next sync.

After a couple more tries it seems that the issue that I previously had with iTunes sync, didn't replicate anymore (while the 2 files were moved). So I think we should be good with with my first post.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by xmario99; 2010-08-04 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi,

Is there any way to stop all notfications for all applications? i would like to turn off all the notifications but turning off notifications in the settings seems to do Jack?

Quote Originally Posted by Yourmum90 View Post
    Hi,

Is there any way to stop all notfications for all applications? i would like to turn off all the notifications but turning off notifications in the settings seems to do Jack?
    The Notification in Settings is for push alerts and I dont think there is a way to turn off the Global AppStore Updates notifications(badges) if that is what you are asking.

@ Xmario99 - that's what i am after, i am looking to turn the badges off which would be handy as hell, i am sure that i had them turned off on my old 3.1.3 OS, but i think this could have been becuase i used catergorise and therefore the update badges did not show on the folder but they do on the new OS4 folders.