Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Add wallpapers and multitasking to your ipod touch 8gb

Default Add wallpapers and multitasking to your ipod touch 8gb
    I know i posted this as a reply, but it deserves its own post. I HAVE done this and it works, however, i am NOT responsible if you do not follow the directions verbatim.

For connecting with the ipod/phone install openssh off of cydia and if u are using xp, vista/7 use winSCP WinSCP :: Download to connect with ipod.

Go to this webpage, and download the edited plist (8gig only)iPod touch 2G MC Edited .plist for Multitasking and Homescreen Wallpapers

Alternate method (with battery percentage):
    okay download "plist editor for windows" - plist Editor for Windows Download - Softpedia

Follow these instructions EXACTLY : [ame=http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299003][Tutorial] Enable Native Multi-tasking, Wallpapers, Battery Percent on 8GB MC (4.0) - iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad forum - Multi-Touch Fans[/ame]

Now would be a good time to to change your root password if u want (mobile terminal not yet working for ios4)>>Putty for windows PuTTY Download Page
    Tutorial on changing root password: How to Change Default Root Password using Putty ? The iPhone Blogging

I did it with mine
    EDIT: do not open plist files with notepad in xp, open with plist editor for windows, bc notepad might screw it up if you dont have long file extentions turned on in xp. That said, follow the tutorial, and edit a backup of the file.
    Last edited by rackstar; 2010-08-03 at 04:17 AM.