Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how do enable multitasking/home screen wallapaper/battery percentage after JailbreakMe?

Default how do enable multitasking/home screen wallapaper/battery percentage after JailbreakMe?
    i've tried so many tutorials on how to ssh into the iPod Touch 2G so i can enable Multitasking/Home Screen Wallpaper/Battery Percentage. i found the N72AP.plist file but everything that's inside that file doesn't look the same as other ppl's N72AP.plist file, this is what it looks

bplist00“*\capabilitiesYiconStatefl

"&(Zmicrophone_applicat ionInstallation_load-thumbnails-while-scrolling_location-services]accelerometerZencode-aac_stand-alone-contactsUarmv6_#launch-applications-while-animatingTwifiYpeer-peer]piezo-clickerYnike-ipodYbluetoothZopengles-1[device-name_international-settings^marketing-name^volume-buttons  TiPod ZiPod touch “+,-2YbuttonBarYiconLists§./01_ com.apple.mobileipod-AudioPlayer_ com.apple.mobileipod-VideoPlayer_com.apple.mobilesafari_com.apple.A ppStore°3¨456789:;<=EF_com.apple.mobilemail_co m.apple.mobilecal_ com.apple.mobileslideshow-Photos_com.apple.MobileAddressBook_com.apple.y outube_com.apple.stocks^com.apple.Maps_com.app le.weather_com.apple.mobilenotes“>,?@_defaultD isplayNameYUtilities°A£BCD_com.apple.mobiletimer _com.apple.calculator_com.apple.VoiceMemos_c om.apple.Preferences_com.apple.MobileStore

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alveezy For This Useful Post:

rackstar (2010-08-08)

I know i posted this as a reply, but it deserves its own post. I HAVE done this and it works, however, i am NOT responsible if you do not follow the directions verbatim.

For connecting with the ipod/phone install openssh off of cydia and if u are using xp, vista/7 use winSCP WinSCP :: Download to connect with ipod.

Go to this webpage, and download the edited plist (8gig only)iPod touch 2G MC Edited .plist for Multitasking and Homescreen Wallpapers

Alternate method (with battery percentage):

EDIT: I reccomend "fake carrier" app from cydia, as you can toggle battery percentage and carrier
    okay download "plist editor for windows" - plist Editor for Windows Download - Softpedia

Follow these instructions EXACTLY : [Tutorial] Enable Native Multi-tasking, Wallpapers, Battery Percent on 8GB MC (4.0) - iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad forum - Multi-Touch Fans

Now would be a good time to to change your root password if u want (mobile terminal not yet working for ios4)>>Putty for windows PuTTY Download Page
    Tutorial on changing root password: How to Change Default Root Password using Putty ? The iPhone Blogging

I did it with mine
    EDIT: do not open plist files with notepad in xp, open with plist editor for windows, bc notepad might screw it up if you dont have long file extentions turned on in xp. That said, follow the tutorial, and edit a backup of the file.
    Last edited by rackstar; 2010-08-08 at 10:08 AM. Reason: add tutorials

thanks but theirs now an easier method just install " Features (for iPod 2G) " from cydia
    i have 20 lockerz invites pm me your email if you want one

Quote Originally Posted by ipod_guy View Post
    thanks but theirs now an easier method just install " Features (for iPod 2G) " from cydia
    Yes, but you cannot change root password with it. =/ u still need to ss
    Last edited by rackstar; 2010-08-08 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rackstar View Post
    Yes, but you cannot change root password with it. =/ u still need to ssh
    what?

this method you dont need to install openssh. and yes you can still change the root password the same way as normal

well if you want the percentage then yes, but really go through the trouble just to have numbers telling you how much battery is left. not worth it after all its a ipod just wait for it to tell you the battery is getting low then charge it.
    Last edited by ipod_guy; 2010-08-08 at 02:30 AM.

iPod_guy I appreciate your concern. I will let you know right now though, I use fake carrier if I want to enable battery settings as it edits the plist for me. And yes it is useful to know i have 2% battery left. Also I posted the open ssh method because of mobile terminal crashing on many ios4 devices. The "normal method" doesnt work right now for these devices. The offical cydia mobile terminal has not been updated for ios4. And your comment "just an ipod", not cool,just shows your a putz. This is an ipod forum. Some of us have real work to do. Also if you had any technical prowess, you could easily do it. (I did it in about 3 minutes), and that was before "install 2g features" was in cydia. Thank u for that addition though, I don't know what this forum would do without your wealth of knowledge
    Sent from my iPad
    Last edited by rackstar; 2010-08-08 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rackstar View Post
    iPod_guy I appreciate your concern. I will let you know right now though, I use fake carrier if I want to enable battery settings as it edits the plist for me. And yes it is useful to know i have 2% battery left. Also I posted the open ssh method because of mobile terminal crashing on many ios4 devices. The "normal method" doesnt work right now for these devices. The offical cydia mobile terminal has not been updated for ios4. And your comment "just an ipod", not cool,just shows your a putz. This is an ipod forum. Some of us have real work to do. Also if you had any technical prowess, you could easily do it. (I did it in about 3 minutes), and that was before "install 2g features" was in cydia. Thank u for that addition though, I don't know what this forum would do without your wealth of knowledge
    Sent from my iPad

first i do have a real job i own my own bussiness and im also a full time student

second they updated the features app to now show the battery percentage. so you can get all the features with out having to ssh into the device and editing it

last note i never said it was hard for me after all this is my second year in school and im going for network engineering, so computer technology is easy for me

Man, I thank you and you take it personal. Yes, it has been updated, but after my instructional was written. I didn't appreciate your belittlement in your post above. I'm trying to help others out, and I take it you are too, but the attitude is not appreciated.

FYI I am an electrical engineer, and have a minor in drafting and technical writing, so it looks like we have that in common.

***DEAD THREAD***
    Last edited by rackstar; 2010-08-08 at 11:31 PM.

Had to uninstall Features today. It just completely murders your speed.

What Features are you referring to? Is the device on 4.0? Is it an mc or mb bottom iPod? Did you cycle power before hand to make sure it wasn't just a runaway process?
    Last edited by rackstar; 2010-08-13 at 07:21 AM.