Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iPod Touch only outputs the sounds of videos and shows a blank screen

Default My iPod Touch only outputs the sounds of videos and shows a blank screen
    My iPod Touch 2nd Gen on IOS4 only outputs the sounds of the video and shows a blank screen. Any help would be much appreciated. Also, if you have any questions to help out, please, don't hesitate to ask.

ok there can be a couple of things going wrong
    first it maybe the videos themsleves, most video codecs use a codec for video and a codec for audio forsay the video(picture part) maybe wrong using a codec like avi or something and the audio maybe mp3 and all meshed into a m4v file thus causing a blank screen and only playing the audio

this does also happen for pc's so its a common problem

i recomend like downloading a trailer from itunes or something thats for the ipod/itouch and if you get the same thing i would restore, posibly setup as a new device so that theres a fresh file system there and try again if that fails then there maybe a deeper problem

No, the videos that won't play are in apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuawilde View Post
    No, the videos that won't play are in apps.
    whitch apps, i can test them since i am also on 4.0 maybe its a app compatibility problem

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ipod_guy For This Useful Post:

Joshuawilde (2010-07-20)

ok. the apps are archetype and star wars: hoth.

ok. the apps are archetype and star wars: hoth.
    ok i played them and the video plays fine

if you have tried this already uninstall them and reinstall them

I figured it out. Thanks.

I figured it out. Thanks.
    please share what you found, so the next guy who has this problem can solve the problem with out asking/opening another forum