Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I REALLY need help with this...ANYTHING would be appreciated!

My iPhone is a Part of Me darkenmyday's Avatar
    Thanks

Default I REALLY need help with this...ANYTHING would be appreciated!
    I'll try to make this as detailed as possible. Ok, i have an ipod touch and i'm using windows, i'm pretty sure mine is a 3g ipod. i just upgraded itunes to 9.2. so, recently i tried opening cydia and it crashes back to the springboard every time. i don't have SSH or ifile or any of that stuff installed so i can't clear cydia cache or anything, and of course i can't get into cydia to install SSH or ifile. i installed iphone browser so i could do it on the computer but i don't know how to use that (so if someone could tell me that would be fantastic.) anyways, i have the spirit jailbreak and now that i upgraded itunes to 9.2 it won't let me restore my ipod back to factory settings so i can try to re-jailbreak and yada yada. i've tried to rejailbreak with blackra1n and redsn0w also but on blackra1n it never re-boots after jailbreaking. so i guess my question here is, what should i do? i can't restore because of itunes and i have no idea what to do now. PLEASE please help me!!!

does itunes recognize your touch? if not you can go on administrative tools > services > apple mobile device then if it's off, turn on then you should be able to see it to restore it. in any case, DFU is worth a go (hold down the home button and power button until it shows itunes and the sync wire and same buttons to exit DFU)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Protokyuubi is right, follow those steps. Report back to see how it went. When you succeed jailbreaking it again, In cydia the first thing you should do is install Rock. Keep Rock there for any problems you may have with cydia. If cydia is inaccessible, Rock will do what you need. They're both the same concept. You don't have to use Rock if you don't want, but install it and keep it there in case Cydia fails. Cheers

My iPhone is a Part of Me darkenmyday's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks, i'll try that

Would uninstalling iTunes then installing an older 9.x.x version work?