Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod touch 1st gen problems..

Default iPod touch 1st gen problems..
    ***Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, I didn't see anywhere else to put it.***

Anyways, I have a 1st gen 16gb iPod touch, with an odd problem. It's not jailbroken since i clean restored it to see if it was a software issue, but it still persists so, clearly hardware.

Basically, the battery icon always tells me the iPod is fully charged, but when i take it off the charger, it's still in the red zone. Also, when I try to listen to music with it, it randomly reboots/shuts down. I thought it was doing that because it was always low battery, but then I realized that if it shut down, i could turn it right back on and mess around with it a little more.

Basically, I'm wondering what part of it's broken, battery? Motherboard? Wires loose somewhere?

Any input would be nice, thanks

I had the same problem...they just gave me a new one and i unjailbroke it

Well that sounds nice lol, was your iPod out of warranty? I think mine is way out of warranty and it looks like someone tried to open it at the top. It was given to me by a friend to try and fix so I'm not too sure what he's done with this iPod