Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: It still looks like an I device.

Default It still looks like an I device.
    Ok, sorry to post here as I can not post in the themes\design section.

My question is this,

what can I do to make my device NOT look like its an apple device.

The design of a 4x5 grid can be changed, but thats not what I am looking for. Plus you can only still only scroll left and right. (Using catagories you can go up and down but thats when you are in a folder.)

Is there anything that makes it like Exposť IE brush apps out the window or maybe unaligned icons (using iblank)

The HTC theme looks wrong on my device and splatters it everwhere, or im doing it wrong....

Bottom line is, what themes are you using and how does it differ to the standard of the apple front end.

Thank you for your time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would suggest a theme from bluemetal like Evolution Os2 or iTap both of these give you a unique look for a minimal price.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Some themes require setting up. You have to move icons around to make it look right. A lot of the more complex themes require iBlank, blanknull, and other tweaks/add-ons to make it look good. Blank icons hold places so actual icons can be put elsewhere etc. Its pretty complex if your new with theming. I for one used to theme and make my own themes as well--i stopped though. It took hours of my time to set up really good looking themes like the ones from Krs or the iNav line. But thats just me it also kept my phone running faster (still on 3G--waiting for the new 4G before I upgrade lol).

But yeah, if you really wanna use those hardcore beautiful gorgeous themes that make it not so "iphone-like", youre gonna have to fins guides on how to set up a specific theme. Like if you wanted Krs's Acropolis theme, youd download the theme and go online and find the set up guide for the Acropolis theme (all themes are set up differently). I hope that clarifies things up for you.

^edit (i stopped theming, i meant not using themes kept my phone running fast, not themes made it fast)
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-05-15 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

WarezRonin (2010-05-17)

Indeed it does. its spring jumps that is the intresting part.

I currently am running inull iblank sringjumps 5x5 dock and catagories.

does having a larger grid reference on screen take up more memory?

Depending on how extensive a modification you want, I know the old "Dock" cydia app for the 1.x series was pretty cool. Holds no resemblance to any desktop theme I know of.