Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I Need some help!

Default I Need some help!
    Hi Guys,
    sorry i have not posted for a while im having some big issues with my iPod Touch 2nd gen, firmware is 3.1.2 so here in my problem, i have it jailbroken but when i logged into rock & cydia both there was a update for the /sbin/ which i updated it but it brought back the error i forgot what the error was i should of wrote it down, so anyway i had to reboot my iPod today which i did, and now all it does when i switch it on is show the apple logo and switches back off is there anyway i can can keep it on so i can restore it and fix it by doing that or is there anyway of doing it? i really need help sorting this problem out of all days to do this to me it chooses today to do it! lol
    Thanks,
    ~Kurt

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You would probably be best off just restoring it, upgrading to 3.1.3, and doing a spirit jailbreak if you want it jailbroken...
    Anything is possible, you just have to put the time & effort into it.

The only thing is, i cant even restore it when i plug it into the computer it does not even sync to iTunes its turns on like its going to boot up and sync, but it just switches its self off, or else i would have restored it i should of posted about that too..
    and what is the spirit jailbreak?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

put it in dfu mdoe by doing this, then u can restore
    How To: Enter DFU Restore Mode - ModMyi - Wiki

Hey battlecrushr!,
    i would i i could but i cant even do that, it only switches on a few sec while it gets to the apple logo on boot then it switches right back off, so im not sure what im gonna do, im thinking i might have to call apple and see if they can give me a advice...

@Hoodies---- Quick FYI bud, don't use rock with cydia they tend to clash and that means problems for your ipod touch. Cydia is the preferred installer by most jailbrakers as it uses a much more stable way to install apps.

Dainen, ahh okay, so is that why i got that error with the /sbin/ but i need to fix it i feel lost with my iPod lol cos it has all my music on there!

okay guys thanks for all your help!, i got it working now, time to restore it
    Last edited by hoodies; 2010-05-11 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [Follow me@twitter]

Thanks

No problem and there's no problem with rock. I have both an my iPhone works perfecy

hmm, its all good! so why was that other guys saying there was them? lol
    [Follow me@twitter]

Thanks

It was that rock was bad back in the day but since they upgraded it has been a lot better.

@Battlecrushr. When was rock upgraded? I had both on mine and I had nothing but problems until I deleted rock/or cydia.

Thanks

about when 3.0 came out i think,
    rock 2.0
    it was a lot better.
    and it got updated again like last wekk

Hmm sweet ****. well i'll have to get rock back and see whats up