Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod Touch 2G can't restore. Error (6). Pls Help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ipod Touch 2G can't restore. Error (6). Pls Help!
    I seriously need help. I've been finding a solution for very long already and tried many different methods but still cannot solve it.

I have an Ipod Touch 2G 16gb. I jailbreak it a year back and it was working fine. Only recently i went to update it on iTunes without restoring. MISTAKE! Now, i'm with a dead black screen ipod Touch which can only go to DFU mode.

I have tried rebooting it with Boothelper. Tried to use many jailbreak softwares and also try to Shift+restore with many different IPSW files. I need help.

Someone pls advice me on what's necessary to do to get it working again.

I found a youtube with the same problem. You can see roughly what it looks like.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG8r3SvhMOs]YouTube - HELP!!!!!! My ipod touch wont recover.ERROR (6)[/ame]

How about Recovery Mode?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My screen will remain black no matter what i do. I can't do recovery. The only time i see an apple logo appear is when i do a Shift+restore with compatible IPSW files. but then when the restore is done. The error message will appear. "the ipod (ipod) could not be restored. An unknown error has occurred (6)"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

bump. Anyone can help?