Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipod touch Help

Default ipod touch Help
    I was wondering can you guys help me about buying an ipod touch.I am a noob i just want to know which ipod(2g or 3g) can be easily jailbroken on windows & what firmwire will be best for jailbraking & how to upgrade or downgrade firmwire.

any kind of help will be greatly aprreciated.

thank you.

Regards--

well, as of now both are jailbroken with the same ease if on a firmware below 3.1.3.
    the difference is that the 3g is teatherd, which means that if you turn it off, you have to use blackra1n or redsn0w to boot it up.

If i were you I would definitely either get the ipt3g because it is a hell of a lot faster and the untethered jailbreak will be released some time around the beginning of summer (when OS 4.0 is released) or (if there will be one) get the 4g one, it will be better.
    Tima Kudinov

Like Timka said go for the 3G iPod Touch my brother has one and compared to my 2G it is a hell of a lot faster. The 3G is currently a tethered Jailbreak but Geohot has said that he has found an untethered Jailbreak for it. When the 4.0 firmware is released you can expect the new Jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

go for the ipod touch 3g 32 gb or 64gb. dont go for the 8gb one because that one is basicly just a 2g ipod touch because it doesn't have a faster processor. it was just priced down to $199. make sure you dont upgrade your firmware to 3.1.3 when you get your ipod