Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with iPod/Frozen at Start up; NoRotation

Unhappy Problems with iPod/Frozen at Start up; NoRotation
    Hello all,

Earlier today I installed NoRotation on my 1g iPod Touch. I run 2.2.1 and I'm guessing that NoRotation is only a 3.x app. My iPod is stuck at the boot logo and every 5 or so minutes it will reboot. I have searched the internet all day and have not found anything that relates to my problem. I have been able to SSH and try to locate the /Application file, but NoRotation is not there, so I can't do a quick delete of it and then just reboot. I am wondering if there is a way to find the NoRotation file, delete it, and then reboot my iPod unharmed. This has happened to me before, but I have always ended up resetting the iPod and rejailbreaking, but I have so much unbacked up stuff that I can't risk doing that. i REALLY do not want to restore because I have so much valuable information on my iPod. Help?

can you search with you ssh client? try searching for norotation. I'm going to install it on mine and locat the directory for you.

The files are in:

NoRotation folder: /var/mobile/library/sbsettings/toggles

/var/library/mobilesubstrate/dynamiclibraries (two norotation files in here)

NoRotation.plist /var/mobile/library/sbsettings/toggles/norotation

var/lib/dpkg/info (two in here related to the repo you got it from.)
    Last edited by moon#pie; 2010-04-17 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

essdayton (2010-04-17)

Nice guide
    Keithsta

thank you, im going to try and delete these files right now!

it worked!!! thank you soooo much!!!!
    Last edited by essdayton; 2010-04-17 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No problem. Glad i could save yet another from the evil clutches of restoring!

Ya I posted this question on other sites, and I copied your reply just so If somebody had the same problem as me. I said all credit goes to Tiger92 of modmyi.com tho.

Thanks again man!

glad I could assist you.