Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Run sound through Speaker AND Headphones

Lightbulb Run sound through Speaker AND Headphones
    I need to know if there is a was of modding my iPod touch to play audio through both my speaker and my headphones.

I have a microphone I bought so that I could use Skype. But when I plug it in it wants to output though headphones even thought a mic is plugged in instead.

Is there any logical way around this? I want it to input through the mic, but output through the speaker.

Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jakester2 View Post
    I need to know if there is a was of modding my iPod touch to play audio through both my speaker and my headphones.

I have a microphone I bought so that I could use Skype. But when I plug it in it wants to output though headphones even thought a mic is plugged in instead.

Is there any logical way around this? I want it to input through the mic, but output through the speaker.

Thanks!

If you bought this brand new and it is the new iPod Touch 3G with shipped 3.1.3 firmware, it is only made for the earbuds that come with it for use of mic. So I do not believe that it is possible to attach an external mic. to the base, and not have the speakers kick in.
    Follow me on Twitter-Crow1372

WOW,
    I have always wanted to do this, but now guess what happened.
    All of the sudden, it is doing that, but the probblem is it is doing it all the time. i don't know what could have caused this. but now i can't listen to music without everyone else listening as well.
    Last edited by Timka21105; 2010-04-17 at 07:28 PM.
    Tima Kudinov

A headphone splitter
    Keithsta

Lightbulb "Hack" to fix problem
    Quote Originally Posted by iphone8130hak View Post
    A headphone splitter
    Just what I was about to suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Timka21105 View Post
    WOW,
    I have always wanted to do this, but now guess what happened.
    All of the sudden, it is doing that, but the probblem is it is doing it all the time. i don't know what could have caused this. but now i can't listen to music without everyone else listening as well.
    Kind of funny, of course not so much for me, since I now have the same problem . For me, if I plug in an earphone, it plays through the internal iPod speaker AND the external headphones. Normally it should turn off internal speaker AND enable "headphones" mode, but it doesn't.

Of course, I think this has to do with a loose 3.5mm jack, if I wiggle the earbud plug around it fixes it. This might have started because some moisture damaged some of my iPod; don't quote me on that. If this helps, press thnx!

Im going to ask for an SBToggle/widget to turn on/off external/internal speakers. Anyone know if a similar thing exists already?
    Last edited by Tamkis; 2010-07-22 at 06:45 PM.