Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1st gen ipod touch 8gb blank screen

Default 1st gen ipod touch 8gb blank screen
    i just purchased this ipod from someone, so im not sure if it was jailbroken or anything. All i ever get is a blank screen. when i plug the ipod into windows it reconizes it and installed drivers. itunes came up and it comes to the waiting for ipod screen then i get a error 1602. even when i try dfu mode to it makes the noise the waiting for ipod comes up and i get the error screen. i purchased the ipod hoping to be able to fix it from what i understand u cant brinck a ipod. any help would be appriciated.

help
    Last edited by bhalliburton; 2010-04-07 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone plasmakirby's Avatar
    Thanks

not sure what you can do...where'd you buy that ipod from anyway? sounds like a scam

i bought it off craigslist for next to nothing. the seller said it was not working, stuck in "recovery mode" i just thought id be able to bring it back to life.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think its completely screwed up now
    Sig Spam not allowed. Do not repost.

If its a white screen it can be fixed (I think) my brother had that problem and i was completely confused but all I did was restart the iPod but holding both bottons on the iPod, this was on a 3G so i dont know if it work with you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im really not sure...i've never heard about this problem before...maybe look it up on youtube or google....??
    Anything is possible, you just have to put the time & effort into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnee View Post
    If its a white screen it can be fixed (I think) my brother had that problem and i was completely confused but all I did was restart the iPod but holding both bottons on the iPod, this was on a 3G so i dont know if it work with you
    Sounds like a plan. You should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by bhalliburton View Post
    i purchased the ipod hoping to be able to fix it from what i understand u cant brinck a ipod. any help would be appriciated.
    You are correct man, Iphones where the ones getting "bricked", with an Ipod if anything were to go wrong during the jailbrake, or installation of any program, doing a factory restore is the cure. Now the fact that you can't get into dfu mode...hmmm... Have you tried to ssh into your device? if you don't know what that is Google it.
    Other then that, have you tried getting an older version of itunes..? The newest updated itunes trys to not synch with any jailbroken ipod/iphone that could be another problem.

One last thing, If you are able to get a older version and able to get your ipod in dfu mode, I would suggest getting firmware 3.1.2 ( I don't believe an untethered version is out for 3.1.3 but don't hold me too that) then hold shift and click restore on itues then pick the 3.1.2 file to restore.

Hopefully this is some help .