Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Appstore Apps Crashing on iPod Touch 3rd gen 3.1.2

Default Appstore Apps Crashing on iPod Touch 3rd gen 3.1.2
    Hi. I just got an iPod Touch on Tuesday, and I had it JBd 2 hrs after I got it. After JBing, I found that I couldn't run Apps from the Appstore. I did have time to test Tap Tap 3 before I JBd so I know they worked before the JB.

This is what happens:
    I start the app.
    The app starts to load.
    ~1 second later, goes back to homepage.

I've tried turning off and booting back up through Blackrain, adding apps through iTunes, and stopping background apps with the home button. But to no avail.

I'm thinking it was something that went wrong with the JB because when I first started it (blackrain), the iPod and blackrain became unresponsive. I held the sleep button on the iPod and it went back to the lockscreen. I then ran blackrain in compatibility mode for XP SP3 and ran as admin and it worked fine.

I was thinking about re-jailbreaking, but I don't know exactly what that means. Running my iPod through Blackrain again? Did that. Still doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated, thanks. (Also, cracked apps work for some reason, it's just the official ones that don't.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

well i suggest u remove the cracked apps and this website doesnt offer help regarding warez or cracked apps (ipas)

But I'm not asking for help with cracked apps, I'm asking for help with official apps! I only mentioned the cracked apps because they ARE working, which I believe would be a very useful piece of information diagnostically.

And isn't this the JAILBREAK forum? I would assume I could find help with my iPod that stopped playing official apps after jailbreaking. What exactly is wrong with me posting this here?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

It is against the rules to talk about cracked apps. Try uninstalling those and see if the paid apps work. Sometimes cracked apps mess up official apps.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Cracked apps aside, try booting from safe mode and seeing if they will load

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
    Cracked apps aside, try booting from safe mode and seeing if they will load
    No dice . Tried starting in safe mode with a previously installed app, then installed a new app in safe mode and both failed in safe mode. (also failed when testing again in normal mode)

Thanks

Hmm try removing all cracked material, if that doesnt work, I smell restore
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

I really don't think the issue lies in the cracked apps, but rather the actual JB. So how would I go about doing a restore while still keeping my JB? I didn't backup my SHSHs or whatever they are.

Thanks

Go into Cydia and back them up now. Intructions on that and a restore are in the guides

What guides? The ones on Cydia? Not there.

Thanks

If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

Thanks

Who cares, noob. Just restore to 3.1.3 and lose your jailbreak for a couple of weeks.
    To live, you have to lie

I care.
    And I don't want to pay for my favorite apps. If that means that I can't use official apps till the release of greenpoison, so be it.

Also, Frostbite, thanks for the link, but I don't have SHSHs on board for 3.1.2, but I do for iPhone OS 3.1.3. Which is confusing, but oh well. I guess I can do w/o official apps.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It shouldn't be confusing. You missed the 3.1.2 shsh boat. However, since you have 3.1.3 stored on cydia whenever a new firmware comes out and should it give you problems then you can downgrade to 3.1.3. You can only downgrade to whichever shsh you have on Cydia.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by E0000B6FAF25838 View Post
    I care.
    And I don't want to pay for my favorite apps.
    I am confused by this statement. If you like the apps then buy them.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

^ Agreed. If there your favorite, than why not support the dev?

While it may be polite to support the devs, it also means I won't be able to use homebrew or get apps that are decent, but not worth their price. We can spend days arguing about this, but the truth is, I won't change my mind and you won't change yours. Thanks for the help everyone, atleast now I KNOW that I have to wait for Greenpoison.