Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do I have a 3g Ipod Touch

Default Do I have a 3g Ipod Touch
    I got my Ipod Touch (8GB) off someone on Craigslist.

It was BRAND NEW, still in the packaging, never opened. They didn't know what they were talking about and said it was the FIRST GEN. Then when i saw it sitting in the box and saw the volume controls on the left, I instantly just thought it was a second gen.

But now, after trying blackra1n and it WILL NOT WORK, it's got me thinking maybe I have a 3rd gen. How would I know?

Is there any way to type in my serial number somewhere, and it'll tell me?

just curious

Nevermind. It's the 3rd Generation. It was bought from a store on Oct5th. And I bought it like 2 days after that.

Can't believe she thought it was a 1st gen.
    Last edited by eddied316; 2009-10-12 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

"with regards to new ipt2/3 8g support, if your model starts with MB it'll work, if your model starts with MC it won't, and restore required"
    From Geohot's twitter.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Okay that makes sense now. Mine starts with MC. I thought he said it will work with all devices. Oh well. At least now I know it's not just me