Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP: iPod Touch Connectivity Issues with Windows XP

Default HELP: iPod Touch Connectivity Issues with Windows XP
    I have an iPod Touch 1st Gen running 3.0. I used to do all my syncing and file transfers with my Windows XP Desktop PC and everything worked fine. Ever since my dad installed Service Pack 2, the iPod will not charge, connect, or even be recognized by the PC. Apple has no working solutions to this problem. I thought maybe re-installing the USB driver that reads the iPod Touch might help, but the computer won't even show the iPod Touch on the device list. Again: the device won't even charge. Solutions? Please help!!!!!!

Have you tried a different computer? Have you re-installed iTunes?

It is strange how it isn't detected by the computer after SP2 is installed. Perhaps there's some other drivers that haven't been updated. Are you running the USB connection through anything else (external drive, cord extender/connector)? Was this immediate or intermittent before it completely went awry?

Well I have reisntalled iTunes,as well as restarted my computer and I am not using another cord or external USB port. The problem was immediate. Please email any further thoughts to: [email protected]