Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Perfecting My iPod Touch

Default Perfecting My iPod Touch
    I've got EVERYTHING I have wanted on my iPod Touch, exept one thing : Downloading wmv files, I have the MPlayer app and it works great but I want to be able to Download WMV's directly on my iPod Touch. The Safari Download Plug in doesn't have wmv format included, is there a safari plugin that allows me to download WMV files? Please Help

Thank you

Thanks

Downloading .wmv files ?
    I don't understand why people want to download files to their Touch at all.
    And using iPod as a torrent downloader ! dont get me started on that one

Downloading .wmv files ?
    I don't understand why people want to download files to their Touch at all.
    And using iPod as a torrent downloader ! dont get me started on that one
    Last edited by mar_tin1; 2009-07-18 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

BUMP, Does any one have an awnser for this? Or is there a way to unzip .rar files that need a password to be unziped? I apreciate ppl that help.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPouria View Post
    I've got EVERYTHING I have wanted on my iPod Touch, exept one thing : Downloading wmv files, I have the MPlayer app and it works great but I want to be able to Download WMV's directly on my iPod Touch. The Safari Download Plug in doesn't have wmv format included, is there a safari plugin that allows me to download WMV files? Please Help

Thank you
    Yes, don't pay for the one up on the cydia store, there is another free one that was up on cydia before that. It's called Safari Download Plug-in. It works in 3.0 and 2.2.1 just fine

BUMP, Does any one have an awnser for this? Or is there a way to unzip .rar files that need a password to be unziped? I apreciate ppl that help.
    Yes Unrar and Unzip also available on the cydia store will do the job, however you will need iFile to use them. Using iFile go to wherever you put them on your iphone and unzip them. then, if its media use dTunes to play them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostbite For This Useful Post:

iPouria (2009-08-30)

Thanks for replying, but the safari download plug-in won't download .wmv files&the unrar apps won't unrar stuff with a password, like when i wanna unrar a .rar that is locked with a password ifile never asks me too put a password it says that the file is corrupt, but i unzip the file on the pc just fine, all i need is to put the password but i haven't found a program that asks me for a password.

Thanks again for your help

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iPouria For This Useful Post:

Frostbite (2009-08-30)

Thanks

Thanks for replying, but the safari download plug-in won't download .wmv files&the unrar apps won't unrar stuff with a password, like when i wanna unrar a .rar that is locked with a password ifile never asks me too put a password it says that the file is corrupt, but i unzip the file on the pc just fine, all i need is to put the password but i haven't found a program that asks me for a password.

Thanks again for your help
    Then The only solution I can think of is the iDownload app on the app store. Its 2$ but I KNOW it will download wmv's, then you can play them with mplayer. one recommendation though, since the in app browser is terrible use safari to navigate to the download link then copy it and paste it into mplayer.

As for the unrar and unzip, as long as I use iFile i can type in the password, anything else and I'm out of luck though. Interesting that it doesn't let you?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostbite For This Useful Post:

iPouria (2009-08-31)

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
    Then The only solution I can think of is the iDownload app on the app store. Its 2$ but I KNOW it will download wmv's, then you can play them with mplayer. one recommendation though, since the in app browser is terrible use safari to navigate to the download link then copy it and paste it into mplayer.

As for the unrar and unzip, as long as I use iFile i can type in the password, anything else and I'm out of luck though. Interesting that it doesn't let you?
    I'll try again with iFile ill put a .rar with a password in it and try to unzip it, Thanks alot ++ iDownload lets u download everything but you can't open it with MPLAYER because the file gets stored in the app and not in your system like /var and stuff.
    Thanks a lot for your help

Thanks

I'll try again with iFile ill put a .rar with a password in it and try to unzip it, Thanks alot ++ iDownload lets u download everything but you can't open it with MPLAYER because the file gets stored in the app and not in your system like /var and stuff.
    Thanks a lot for your help
    Yes you can access them from Mplayer, go all the way back to the beginning of the root folder, then go into User/Applications/894385D7-53F9-4483-8BC3-921ABF2D3C52/Documents/Downloads and all your iDownload downloads are right there. I have attached screenshots. Or if Mplayer wont go past VAR move them with iFile.

Sorry it attach the screens because they were too big. Here.

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
    Last edited by Frostbite; 2009-08-31 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostbite For This Useful Post:

iPouria (2009-08-31)

Dude you totally rock, THANKS A LOT , Now MY IPOD IS LIKE A PC lol, that's all I needed, Thanks a lot man YOU ROCK

Thanks

Dude you totally rock, THANKS A LOT , Now MY IPOD IS LIKE A PC lol, that's all I needed, Thanks a lot man YOU ROCK
    No problem man, and if you wanna thank me just hit the thanks button in the bottom right

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostbite For This Useful Post:

iPouria (2009-09-01)

O did didin't I? Anyway u deserve another one so there u go

Thanks

Thanks man