Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do i load programs onto my I Touch after ive downloaded them of this site!

Default How do i load programs onto my I Touch after ive downloaded them of this site!
    I am unable to put anything ive downloaded from this site onto my touch, i simply, dont now how!
    can some1 help me!

thanks heeps

Search around the forums and see if you can find a guide for WinSCP. You can find it using google, it's free. I'd write out a guide for you but i'm a little tired.

thanks heeps.
    if your not tired in the next day or so.
    cmmnt me just incase i get confused haha

thanks.

Whats my itouches umbc thing?
    or watever it is i need to no for that?
    Last edited by Christian B; 2008-03-14 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

UMBC? I have no idea what that is.

In your ipod, go to settings, then wi-fi, and find the Ipods IP address. It should something (but not exactly) like this 192.168.1.100.

Here is a picture of everything

Click on picture for larger view if it's small.

Once you have everything looking like what mine does, just click login

Username: root
    Password: alpine
    I nyour ipod go to settings > WiFi > [your network] and click on the blue arrow by your network. There is your ip address. Type it into winscp. Then click connect.
    There should be an applications folder in / or /private/var/root... hunt around for it.
    Then just drag the app folder in there.

For example if I downloaded a theme, I would find "Summerboard." So /private/var/root/Library/Summerboard. Inside there is the folder "Themes." I would drag the theme into that folder.

This is over wifi so you don't need to be plugged in.

Hope it helped.

Note: for OS X use cyberduck.