Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it worth getting the iPod Touch now or later?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Is it worth getting the iPod Touch now or later?
    Hi everyone,

although this is my first post here on this forum, some of you might know me from ModMyMoto.com.

So to make things simple, being a student, we are given a sum of money at the beginning of each scholastic year. The aim is so that we use the money on new books. However, the courses I have, use the same books all throughout the duration of the course, therefore I don't have any books to buy. So I was thinking on spending the money on an iPod Touch instead.

Now the question comes here, should I buy the iPod Touch now, and then get a refund in September for it? Or should I wait till September and buy it then?

I'm in no hurry for this iPod, so it's not a problem to wait. The thing is, I don't want to buy it now, and then a new generation gets released by next September, in which case I'd rather wait. So what do you think? Are there any new iPod Touch generations coming out any time soon? Or is it perfectly "safe" so to speak to buy it now?

Because I don't want to be disappointed spending money now and after a month or two it would become outdated lol .

Thanks

I don't see anything wrong with getting a device now. If they do come out with a new device in September, the only thing different would probably be the device's processing power and [memory] size. I'd say buy one when the 3.0 firmware is released so you can get it pre-installed on the device.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

ferrarix (2009-06-10)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Bump, any more comments?

Thanks Jeckel btw .

get it now. nothing is really going to change with the touch. besides....the 2g is already jailbroken so you wouldnt have to wait for that and tis not liek teh 2g has anything wrong with it. i would get it now
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cricketlang For This Useful Post:

ferrarix (2009-06-12)