Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP with Itunes and Ipod touch not playing well together

Question HELP with Itunes and Ipod touch not playing well together
    Ok I hope this is ok to post in this thread. I need some serious help! I'm so frustrated!

I had iTunes on my laptop and for some reason it stopped working. I kept getting the box that says the application can't be opened, report the issue..blah blah blah. After a few frustrating days my husband figured out the problem had something to do with Quicktime. So we got that resolved. NOW when I plug my iPod Touch in I get the following error message:

This iPod cannot be used because the required software is not installed. Run the iTunes installed to remove iTunes, then install iTunes again.

I have installed iTunes about 5 different times to get this to work. Even went back to version 7.0 thinking maybe it was a version issue.

2 things to consider.
    1. This touch worked fine with itunes on the same laptop with the same version before.
    2. If I plug the touch into my husbands laptop it shows up in his iTunes (version 8.0) just fine (I thought I would have to restore the touch but that doesn't look like the problem).

Any ideas? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! I really don't want to restore the touch because I would loose a lot of stuff and I would hate to do that and have that NOT be the problem.

Thanks all!

Heather

If your device has troubles with iTunes 7, maybe it has to do with your device's firmware in relation to your version of iTunes? Is it a second generation? What firmware version does it have? If the problem was with QuickTime, does that version vary with your husband's version on his computer?