Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Frozen White Screen??

Default Frozen White Screen??
    I Have A iPod Touch 2g And It Froze On A White Screen. I Have Tried Resetting It And It Goes Right Back To The White Screen And It Doesn't Even Show An Apple Sign. What Should I Do? Thanks In Advance.

Have you restored via iTunes or via Restore/DFU mode?

Yes, I Have Restored While In DFU Mode. But The Screen Is Still White.

Has it been subjected to any physical damage? Has it been submerged? When did this first happen?

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Hm, DFU would usually wipe it clean. Are you sure you're doing DFU and not just recovery? Because that's really important.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No. It has not been damaged or dropped or anything like that. Yes, when I restored it, it was in DFU mode but the screen was still white after that. I can hear the noises that it makes so it still works, the screen just doesn't work. It might be broken. I think I'm just going to send it in to Apple. It is still under waranty. Thanks for your replies.

your warranty is voided when you jailbreak it.
    are you sure you turned it completely off, held the power and home button for 15 sec, then continued to hold the home button until iTunes popped up?
    Try running whatever tool you used to jailbreak it again.

I didn't jailbreak it. It's actually my friends, I just decided to say it was mine so it would be easier. I jailbroke mine but you just have to restore back to normal to get the warranty back. And yes i'm sure I reset it correctly. She's just going to send it in. Thanks though.

Oh, then apple will fix it.
    I have also heard that restoring doesn't always leave no trace of a jailbreak, is this true?

Restoring (especially if done using DFU) completely wipes the device of its firmware and uses a new firmware file for the device, which means it leaves no trace of what was once on it.

Now, there are some programs that can leave minute changes to the device (sometimes permanent) that unless viewed using a command prompt are almost undetectable. (This is for the iPod Touch, the iPhone can have a neutered or downgraded baseband which is much easier to detect.)

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

The Apple store "Genius's" won't take it into the back and start trying to SSH in though. So if DFU does nothing, you can safely take it in. The worst that will happen is they somehow fix it and find out it's jailbroken. But even then, they just won't help you, and you iPod will be fixed. Kinda win-win. :/
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Good, I try not to do anything that will mess up my itouch. Especially the battery, I have uninstalled many good apps because they made my battery run out in less than an hour . What kind of apps leave traces? Do you know of any specific ones?

The only program I know of that can change an iPod Touch permanently is ZiPhone; it can disable the wifi (called 'greyed-out' wifi as it sees wifi but cannot transfer packets; there is a fix, but I believe it causes other problems), which is caused by its method that crams memory which can allow it to corrupt, and it makes your device (especially if it's an iPhone) unstable.