Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipod won't start won't restore... its DONE?

Default ipod won't start won't restore... its DONE?
    so my ipod touch was really messed up...was running frimware 1.2 whatever it was it wasn't 2.0... and i wanted to upgrade to 2.2.1 ( i did the whol shift+restore) thing and i got error 1602.. thought well whatever i'll just restore it to the latest frimware from itunes ( the free one).. which was like 1.5.1 or something.. so i downloading and it restores... but when its verifying the restore it takes FOREVER!!! and i just got tired to i pulled it out and now.. my ipod i guess has no OS system in it at all so it won't start... it doesn't have the connect to itunes sign.. you can hold any buttons you want for mintures and nothing will pop up.. if not plugging into comp... it won't even turn on... i don't know whats wrong... any hints? i just wanna restore it to a 1.1 even as long it starts working again....

Have you tried DFU or recovery mode?

well heres the thing... it don't start so i don't know... but yeah when you first connect it you know the pc makes the sound.. after that.. i've put it into DFU mode... ( holding the buttons than home) and the sound comes.. and... itunes does recognize the phone in recovery mode.. but like i said when i go to recovery.. it stays stuck at verify ipod restore or wahtever... and now i've even tried to do it on another comp.. and its the same thing...ANY HINTS...

How long do you wait until you disconnect?

the longest i've waited is about hour and half to 2 hours... i'm thinking of letting it go all night tonight though... take a chance.. i took it to the apple store and ofcrouse all they said was replace it.. of course.. i dont' know why they called techs if all they ever say is replace it....so i'm just tryng again tonight...