Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iPod touch 1st gen's wifi is f*cked up.. need help

Default My iPod touch 1st gen's wifi is f*cked up.. need help
    hey peoples my ipod touch wifi will notwork. it is a 1st gen 16 gig touch with 2.2 firmware and jailbroken. I have checked my Router and everything is normal. my ipod can't even detect my wifi from 50cm away from the router.. help please

RESOLVED.

Apple replaced my ipod
    Last edited by aznipodkid; 2009-04-21 at 01:50 AM. Reason: no more problem

Have you checked to see if it isn't disabled? Have you restarted the device? What did you use to jailbreak? When did this problem begin (after an installation/option change/uninstall)?

Nothing is disabled everything is normal as it was when it worked, i used quickpwn to jailbreak it, this problem occured about 4 days ago and happened again a week ago, and the wifi stopped working after i did nothing.

You said it 'happened again', so you got it to work (or it just worked) in between. What happened that caused it to work (or did it just decide to work)?

well this started about 2 weeks ago.. it stopped working for 3 days and worked again. then 2ish days later it stopped then worked again and now it stopped working..

check your router's settings and see if it is even broadcasting

It's not the router, my brothers laptop and my dads desktop can connect to it. my ipod can't connect to any wifi for some odd reason, i even tried my friend's house wifi and it didnt work.

Last resort: Restore.

That's the ultimate answer, but let's see if there is a way to fix it without having to go that far.

How long has it been jailbroken? How old is it? Has it been subjected to any physical jostling (hit/dropped/thrown/bumped)? Has it been submerged? Can the device not connect (it sees the network[s]), can it not see any networks at all, or does it connect but nothing is being transferred?

its been jailbroken for around 2ish months (cant remember) and its only been dropped from less than a metre onto carpet with a silicone case on. it has never been submerged, and if i put my ipod right up to my router antennas it will find the network and connect but it is very very very very very very slow.. i was thinking of restoring to the new 2.2.1 software and rejailbreaking but i need to copy all my cydia files from SSH..

If you want to restore, you could use AptBackup which will put a list of apps on a file that will be synced with iTunes that once you've restored and jailbroken, re-install that app and press 'Restore' and it should remember all you've put onto it (though anything saved that isn't saved elsewhere will be lost).

If you wish to restore, by all means, continue on.

Damnit, i just restored my ipod to 2.2.1 firmware but the wifi is still not working! im rejailbreaking right now at the moment..

Hmmmm... If it was software-related, it should have been fixed with a restore (unless something was done with ZiPhone, which is infamous for causing wi-fi problems). It could very well be something hardware related. Did this device have a previous owner or was it bought new?

no, i used Quickpwn to jailbreak my ipod, i did it last night in about 5 minutes, everything went fine. except that my ipod's wifi is still not working.. I got my ipod brand new last year July 2008.

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Is your wifi button (from main settings page) grayed out, like you can't even tap it? because this is a seemingly random problem that randomly goes away, and sometimes come back. I had it, and luckily went away after a couple restores. The only thing i can recommend if it is grayed out is to try restores multiple ways on multiple computers.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No, nothing is grayed out. when i go to the wifi page and click on my wifi i cant even connect to it. and when i am out of the room with the router in it, my ipod cant detect my wifi..

Thanks

Hm. Really , really weird. Have you tried a restore, or not? Im too lazy to read up ^_^ sorry.

yes, i have tried restoring and rejailbreaking already.

Download ZiPhone and jailbreak using it. under advanced settings there is a option that says "Fix No Wifi" I haven't tried using this because I haven't had to but its worth a try.

Thanks

^ Oh my goodness did you honestly just type that sentence. Cardinal sin #1. Never, EVER use ZiPhone. It is a piece of crap. Cardinal Sin #2: Clicking the fix wifi thing is one of the WORST things you can do to your device short of dropping it off of the empire state building. It makes your iPod's hex address say Zibri in ASCII, so if you're around somebody else who did that with theirs, and you're both on the same wifi network, you are going to have some major issues bud.

still no luck with my wifi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast