View Poll Results: Is the new iPod touch worth it?

Voters
484. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

153 31.61%
  • No

111 22.93%
  • Not Sure.

28 5.79%
  • yes if i didn't have an iPhone

192 39.67%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod touch vs. iPhone

Default iPod touch vs. iPhone
    So, the touch is pretty much an iPhone without the phone.

Same price for both ($399) for 8gb of more memory (and a phone, email, maps, stocks, weather, camera less)
    And a $299 for the same amount of memory and still without all the features.

So my question is,
    is it worth it?

Personally, I think the iTouch is useless,
    a step in the right direction, yes, but I don't see why you'd want one over the iPhone...
    Last edited by Dash-2; 2007-09-07 at 08:40 AM.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

If I didn't have an iPhone, and didn't have ATT, like 100 million folks out there, I might think an iTouch was a pretty cool device.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

That's the only thing its got going for it, not having not AT&T.
    But price and feature wise, I want more from an iPod...

Thanks

Yah, once they release a solid state drive in one it will be cool. $400 for 16GB is on the edge for me... I'll buy an 8 GB just to see if its hackable, and do some testing on for a month or so, but then I'll sell it.

Thanks
    It looks interesting...I like the concept but I don't find it would be useful for me (for me to replace my iPod video)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Please dont get scammed again ^^, the iPod Touch will require u to use Wi-Fi to use safari, it doesnt have edge

Thanks

Of course. Its not a phone.

Thanks

That's why u will have to have wi fi... i use more edge hehe i dont have any laptop so i dont have wi fi.. but sometimes i try to catch some signals from my neighbors

lol... but its hard... always get disconnected

Honestly the touch is an iphone minus the phone... in reality its probably the best mp3 player on the market hands down, as is the iphone in the phone market. Even though i have an iphone, i would definately think about getting this for someone close to me, just to screw around with it because, for one, its cheaper than an iphone so if you screw it up, no biggie, two its a music device and not your life line to many people, so again if you screw it up no biggie, and finally its cheaper... i dont know how stupid youd have to buy and ipod "classic" now, instead of a touch. i can see the nano for size and even the shuffle for just plain slickness and extreme cheapness, but the ipod "classic" besides its unusually large size (i get that a lot too ) it has nothing over the nano or the touch. so the question is would "I" get a touch, doubtful, would i want one, sure, if i didnt have an iphone, definately , but then the question would be.... why wouldnt i have an iphone?

Thanks

Yah but if you use it as a video device you'd need the larger size of the classic. 16 GB is a good amount, but only if you're an audio only guy.

Thanks

Excuse me, Haha... the shuffle is not cheap... actually is expensive ... the are better MP3 players out there for way less money...

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

if I didn't have the iphone and was considerring a new ipod, it definately WOULD NOT be the ipod touch

why pay more for just a fancy touchscreen?

I would go for the 80 or 160 gig ipod classic for sure

the best feature on my iphone is that it is also a phone
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

to me it wouldnt be worth it at all just because of the fact i have over 7000 songs on my computer no i dont listen to all the bands but my friends use my ipod to well recently it was stolen so no one does but xD you get what i mean

The only reason why I would buy this new "touch" iPod is if it had more applications to use the "touch" screen feature it represents. Right now, you buy it to click pause/play and TO buy more stuff on the wifi store!!?? If it had cool touch games that would rid me of commuter boredom THEN I would consider it. But I hope when this happens, it won't trump my iPhone on features!

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Guys, this is the reason there is a Touch and a Classic. There is a pattern here. Some of you like one, some of you like the other. For some, space is a must. For others, the touch screen is a must. This is why Apple is smart and is selling the two of them. They're not going to sell just what the "majority" of people want. They're catering to everyone. Smart move by Apple.

One thing the Touch DOES seem to have that sets it apart is it allows Video Out through the Dock. I really wish the iPhone had this.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maXimus View Post
    Guys, this is the reason there is a Touch and a Classic. There is a pattern here. Some of you like one, some of you like the other. For some, space is a must. For others, the touch screen is a must. This is why Apple is smart and is selling the two of them. They're not going to sell just what the "majority" of people want. They're catering to everyone. Smart move by Apple.
    genius move by apple, as is the price drop just in time for the holidays

anyone that didn't get one before has one less excuse not to (att is the only other legit excuse not to haha, and like you said for that there is an ipod touch or a classic or a nano)
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

I'm in the UK and had a Archos which broke after 2 years and I was thinking of getting a 80gb video iPod, but I thought i'd wait to see the new iPod and I really like the iPod Touch, but I want a iPhone. The only thing being I don't know when the iPhone is coming out over here and how much it will be.
    As I'm only 14 (15 in less than 2 weeks) I couldn't afford a contact along with say 250+ for the iPhone itself.
    So what should I do?
    Get a iPod Touch and wait a while for the iPhone or wait to see if I can get a iPhone.

Thanks

like the touch and all but if I didn't know what nodding was it would be a complete waste of money. I will not get one its worthless if u have a phone already and I miss my clickwheel

I am assuming it uses the same os, and if it does you should be able to add a lot of apps to the touch that are running on the iPhone. As long as you have a wi-fi connection you would have everything the iPhone has. You could use VOIP, install the other apps you want like mail, maps, youtube. Would this be possible?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast