View Poll Results: Is the new iPod touch worth it?

Voters
484. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

153 31.61%
  • No

111 22.93%
  • Not Sure.

28 5.79%
  • yes if i didn't have an iPhone

192 39.67%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod touch vs. iPhone

Thanks

iPhone if your not on a CMDA carrier like Verizon, if you absoutly cant go to T-Mobile or AT&T in the US Touch it is.

IN EUrope it is it worth.
    Because the iphone is here about 600 and sometimes up to 800 €!!!
    The touch 16GB is "only" 400€

i think 1€ is somethin about 1.5us dollars

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    iPhone if your not on a CMDA carrier like Verizon, if you absoutly cant go to T-Mobile or AT&T in the US Touch it is.
    This.

If I weren't on Verizon, I would have tried to get an iPhone, but I am very happy with my iPod Touch. Although I wish I had some of the functionality of the iPhone so I didn't have to... carry around a phone too

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tehawddone For This Useful Post:

d_sanche (2008-01-23)

I would actually rather have my iTouch than an iPhone because its costs the same, no phone bill, and twice the memory. I am even going to get a touchmods mic so I can make Voip calls from it (I live in Canada so I don't have a choice anyway)
    Last edited by d_sanche; 2008-01-23 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks

for me its totally worth it cuz lol im in canada and theres no iphones here but as soon as it does (hopefully) im sellin my touch....

thnx
    mike

you guys dont get it. why in the world would you want to carry around 2 things when you can buy the iphone. You get the phone and the ipod. If you don't want edge and don't want to pay a monthly bill just do what i did and get prepaid on iphone. Im talking about the pay as you go not the pick your plan. With pay as you go, you can put for example $100 and get 400 minutes ($0.25/min) and that those minutes wont expire till a whole year. I know its pretty expensive but, if you're someone like me who doesn't really use their phone alot this is by far the most intelligent way of going about it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

this is the dumbest **** i ever heard..Whats next....Superman vs. mighty mouse? dont compare iphone with ANYTHING out in the market right now

even if i didnt have at&t and not on a gsm i would get the iphone and just jailbreak it like an itouch i would get the mic for whatever i might need it for and dont you have to pay for itouch updates or am i just misunderstanding some posts

Quote Originally Posted by racer5jr View Post
    for me its totally worth it cuz lol im in canada and theres no iphones here but as soon as it does (hopefully) im sellin my touch....

thnx
    mike
    there are people using iphones in canada a lot of them are on this forum
    Last edited by robbpell; 2008-03-04 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iiPhone all the way, unless you already have a good phone and just want an iPod. Then go for the iPod touch or iPod classic.

Quote Originally Posted by ebl4287 View Post
    this is the dumbest **** i ever heard..Whats next....Superman vs. mighty mouse? dont compare iphone with ANYTHING out in the market right now
    How can you not compare the iPhone and the iPod Touch?

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post

Isn't US Cellular an option too? I thought they used SIM cards.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

iTouch is not an iPhone... But they are VERY similar though...

well, i like the itouch...
    and i am happy with my motorola..!

i personally think that iTouches are pretty useless without WiFi. Its just another iPod with occasional email. My friend has one and all she does is leave it in her car like a regular iPod for her car music. If i didn't have an iPhone i'd kill myself just my opinion

ACTUALLY LOOKING AT COST WISE...

For an iPhone, activated, 3-year plan, 8 GB, 360-400$
    For an iPhone, NOT ACTIVATED, NO PLAN, 8 GB, around 1200$
    Thats how we get ripped off...

LOL, and besides. I can make my iPod Touch LOOK like a iPhone easily!!!

And leme ask you this...

Can you make an iPhone look like an iPhone?
    The answer is: NO YOU CANNOT!!!!!
    Lol, you cant run Transformer.app on an iPhone, it dont work!!!!

Buy a normal cell phone, cheeper.
    iPod Touch all the way.

Hi all!
    Please help me!
    I would like to download for my iPod Touch 2.0.2 jailbreaked The Pianist and the Drummer apps
    But my problem i can't download itt through Installer 4 beta its ok its a beta
    But someone know a Cydia Source where i can download it or through Pc or any other way
    Please HELP

Thanls for everybody!
    Peace csingacskuk

Green Apple
    Thanks

they are apps that you have to pay for on the appstore.. and dont even ask for hacked versions of them cos thats warez and its banned on this forum

and also why post in this long dead thread..?

Personally I think it's retarded that it doesn't have a built in speaker, That's one of the nicer things about having the iPhone is that you can watch videos and listen to music without having to carry headphones.

PS: Nokia N95 > iPhone
    Last edited by DSMKilla; 2008-08-29 at 09:07 AM.

I think it might be so you don't have to pay for the service plan. It would be cool too if you had something like verizon and you couldn't get the iPhone.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345