View Poll Results: Is the new iPod touch worth it?

Voters
484. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

153 31.61%
  • No

111 22.93%
  • Not Sure.

28 5.79%
  • yes if i didn't have an iPhone

192 39.67%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod touch vs. iPhone

they dont got my state

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h1tman View Post
    they dont got my state
    Oh that sucks now...

I would definitly take the touch over the iphone. The apps (aside from camera, phone, sms) that are on the iphone could easily be ported to the touch. Plus look at it this way
    Minimum Yearly Cost:
    $299 for 8 gb touch
    $1,239 for the 8gb iPhone

Is sms, camera and phone really worth paying 900 more?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Do you have a cell phone?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by h1tman View Post
    im geting a itouch it comes out on the 28th does anybody know if it will be avalable at wal-mart
    Order it from Apple.com

Free shipping and free laser engraving.

WOOT!!!!!!!

I actually orderd an iPT =) but after a week I talked to an freind who is going to get the Iphone from USA (I live in Sweden,,, lol) Well his father is going to the states tmrw actually so if the iphone would sell here in Europe then I dont think the Touch would be worth it... I think that many people are buying it cause they all have to wait another 4-12 months before the iphone is released..... Also about the price...... For me The touch is actually more expensive for me here in Sweden (using conversion tool 418 dollars for the ipod touch 8 gb version..) THis is due to the skyhigh add valurem taxes we have here in sweden... So i get my iphone for a 100 dollars less than I would get a Touch and I get the phone part =) =) SO for me the iPT is not worth it but if I couldn't buy the iPhone then i would buy the 16 gb touch =582 dollars :P
    LOL

if the itouch could hold more than 16gigs i might think about getting one.

actually the "small" size of the touch was the final factor in me breaking down and buying the iphone. i have over 5000 songs on my computer and i like being able to have every song in my library at my fingertips.

I was debating the same thing last night. I live in Canada and so far the Iphone isn't out here and may never because because Rogers runs a monolopy and well they will charge you an arm and a leg for an iphone. So I was debating on rather to get an Iphone since it can be unlocked, has wifi and Im already on a pre paid plan, I can just use it and not get a data plan or get the Itouch (got me calling it that too) and I decided I would get the Iphone. This would replace my current phone which I got 3 months ago and am already bored with it lol and would for sure give me a bigger upgrade in terms of media player over my current Nano. I could never see myself getting a 300-400 dollar media machine before. So Im happy with my choice.

the guy at best buy let me try out a itouch and i was inpressed im going to get the 16gb itouch on september 28th at radio shack the screen is just as good as the iphone
    Last edited by h1tman; 2007-09-23 at 10:42 PM.

The touch is pretty much an iPhone without the phone.iPod alse needs a mp4 converter (such as video dvd to ipod converter ,download it at :http://www.videoconvertergold.com)

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

mygod - you get one free plug for your software. any more is considered spam, and will result in a ban!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

itunes on my pc wont take mp4 i have to use mov

im not a touch fan

iphone ftw !!!!

well ITOUCH FTW

The Ipod touch is a Iphone without the phone capabilities. If you already have an phone you dont need an Iphone. Ipod touch looks better loading times are better also ther will be 3rd party apps for it eventually. So for me Ipodtouch all the way.
    Im already getting n73 and thats better than Iphone feauture wise.
    Last edited by Dash-2; 2007-10-07 at 09:52 AM.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Thanks

the iPhone is better no matter what people say

Yeah Iphone is better!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Rumor has it the iTouch screen is of lesser quality then the iPhone (different manufacturer). Maybe if I didn't have such a kick *** iPhone....

Well, the iPhone has a camera, but it's only 2 megapixels...not really worth it, for the camera.
    And the iPod Touch can be equipped with all of those things (except camera and phone), but you have to void your warranty.
    But then, with the iPhone, if you're not within a WiFi network, you have EDGE.
    But EDGE tends to suck.
    With the iPod, you have 8 more gigabytes.
    But that's moving a step down from other iPods, who use hard drives instead of flash drives.

idk. There's alot to think about when you're comparing the two. I think it really just depends on the type of person you are.
    -The always-doing-business-so-i-need-everything-in-one kind of person,
    -or the technology-freak-gimme-as-much-space-as-possible kind of person,
    -or the penny pincher, who just wants everything for a decent price, not matte how good/bad it is.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast