Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downloaded apps ->ipod issues

Default Downloaded apps ->ipod issues
    Hello,

I Downloaded two apps of here (native apps page) iSaber and weDict, accesed iPod via SSH and dropped them/uploaded them to the apps folder. ( //var/stash/Applications) is this how its done? cause i clicked the app, they load and crash/quit.

How do i upload apps.

is this right?

This is ALMOST right. You have to remember to change the permissions of the entire app folder you upload to 775, otherwise the iphone wont have access to the app, thus it will crash.

I tried just now, rebooted and no luck the entire apps. folder and ones that I uploaded are set to 775. I shall try to set the permissions to 777 BTW I am using a client called Cyberduck and uploading to iPod Touch!

No, cant make changes. I clicked apps folder and changed to 775 and it revert back to 755?!?!
    Last edited by jebussell; 2008-09-12 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try BossPrefs and the 'Fix User Dir Permissions' fix.

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought you were supposed to put them under /Applications. But maybe not.

Default reply
    well my iPod i back to normal amd all the apps installed back the way it was . I did put the apps in the apps folder as i thought that was the logical place they should be in. They appeared on my home screen. But they soon crashed after loading. Do I need to put them in the apps folder and then change the permissions in BossPrefs after i put the apps in? and i do have BossPrefs.

Default Still require help please.
    Quote Originally Posted by bteamer View Post
    I thought you were supposed to put them under /Applications. But maybe not.
    Yes, i did. I used cyberduck to put the apps in /applications. As i said, they appeared on my home screen but they crahed after i opened them.

I tried fixing the permissions using BossPrefs and changing them in Cyberduck to 777 and 775 but they reverted back to 755.

I can't remember if i tried using Macfusion but I will try it and let you know if it works or not.

Please help me, I have no idea why it is not working.

FULL STORY

Okay, I went to MMI and clicked on the "native apps" link and downloaded iSaber, weDict(which I now got from apps store) and some onthers which I forgot the name of. I used cyberduck to connect to iPod and put the apps in the /applications folder. I discconected iPod and tried them, but they just crashed. I went on #modmyi(now #modmyi) channel on IRC (or was it here, i forget) and someone said change permissions to 777 0r 775. So I did but they reverted back to 755. So i was told that I should try changing dir permissions using BossPrefs. I did, and it did nothing. I deleted the apps and put them in there again, rebooted iPod. At the moment, there not on my iPod.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Last edited by jebussell; 2008-09-23 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Because the cow supplied milk to the farmer and there is a giant fluffy bunny rabbit...
    <html>

From jebussell

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

rofl lmfao @ reason for editing ^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh