Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Ipod Touch owner and a few Questions!

Question New Ipod Touch owner and a few Questions!
    Hello, I bought my Ipod a while ago and recently decided to mod it to have some fun. I already jailbroke it (Ziphone) and have alot of apps already on it. but i was browsing the sites battery skins and i was wondering how i could get them onto my touch. if you direct me to a URL that guides me though or just give me a brief description. thank you. (btw im extreamly new here, still trying to learn my way arround)

The easy way would be to search for them on your installing apps. But, if they're not on any of the repos, you could SSH in and change the corresponding files. To help more with that, what version is your device's firmware?

my firmware is 1.1.4 i downgraded from 1.1.5 if that means any thing. lol

I can't find the exact files that correspond to the battery image(s) on my device (the system images, I do have WinterBoard batteries which I can find, but that won't help). If you search around (maybe the System or stash folders?) you'd find it. Still, the easiest thing to do would be to see if you could download it with Installer/Cydia as that (hopefully) would put it in the correct place.

ok well does this site have a URL for the sources tab on my installer? or something that would help quite a bit. or maby a fav. source? just looking for something to enhance my touch experience lol.

oh by the way thank you so much for your help!!!
    Last edited by tdawg3000; 2008-09-08 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You should have 'Community Sources' (can be found with the default source[s]), that gets you the bigger ones (BigBoss, ModMyI, Zottd, and more), but if you want a site with a lot of sources, click here (scroll down a little for Installer 3.11 sources).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

tdawg3000 (2008-09-08)