Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem...?

Default Problem...?
    I have an 8GB iPod Touch barely had it 4 three months....bt recently a friend of mine had spilt sum beer on it (don't ask how) n now it will not turn on but wen i plug it 2 the dock or thru the USB 2 the computer it tries to turn on bt it turns off again and it does this over and over till i just quit messing with it...bt what i need to know is what can i do 2 fix it? I want 2 take it back 2 wal-mart bt im not sure if they will help me? I lost my receipt bt i bought the extended warranty from them...Can anybody help me what 2 do or what can i do 2 fix it on my own? Please people im lost without my iPod!

No help?
    Last edited by Bugzy Zeegil; 2008-09-02 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It probably has a short because of your water damage. This means that it wont work under the Apple Warranty because of water damage (that is, if they can see signs of such). And if you don't have the receipt, sorry, no warranty deal. The only thing you can do now is recycle it and get a new one (if the inside of the headphone jack is pink and black, then no luck even if you have proof of purchase). No proof of purchase, no warranty coverage.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

Bugzy Zeegil (2008-09-09)

well have u tried to restore ur ipod i dont think this works but i really dont know what u can do since u dont have u receipt

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ElxStylz For This Useful Post:

Restoring wont work if the device can't turn on! If you have a water short, the device is through. It is bricked.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, give it a try. take the thing in and see if they will replace it. I mean if we are telling him to "toss" the thing he may as well give it a shot and return it and see what they say. He has nothing to lose. If they turn you down, your friend just spilled one expensive beer. Make him buy you another, that is unacceptable. Accidents happen but you shouldn;t be the one having to absorb the cost (unless you were doing something stupid that caused him to spill the beer)

Oh and as a random side note.... 2 u 4 and thru are not words.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

Well, it's probably too late now, but there are many things that absorb water from electronic devices. I believe rice and possibly a quick dip into vinigar are two of then.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wearmaize For This Useful Post:

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

I would frickin punch my friend in the face and tell him to buy you a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bteamer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bteamer View Post
    I would frickin punch my friend in the face and tell him to buy you a new one.
    Lol thanks still thinking about that one but on a update after countless times of trying 2 restore it finally did! so im guessing it wasn't that bad im not sure whats going...BUT I THANK GOD SO MUCH!!! that's all i can prove! because it only had to be higher powers involved! So thanks to all who helped!