Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize 2.1 problems.

Default Customize 2.1 problems.
    Ok i have a 2.0.1 ipod touch jailbroken and i just download Customize 2.1 from cydia.Everytime i download a fileset in customize.customize crashes for 2 seconds then goes to the spring board,then i have to go back to customize.Sometimes is fully downloads the file but not for docks,lock icons.Everytime i try to apple a dock image to my springboard.It say "Encountered an error copying the files". So its pretty annoying because i can apply themes only in winterboard.

Does this happen to anybody??if you know how to fix it please let me know.

thank you

Have you restarted your device? Have you reinstalled Customize?

yes i have.i reinstalled it,rebooted it,cleared cache and restarted customize a billion times.

i dont really know what is the problem here.
    is anyone else having these problems?

Thats how customize 2.0 works,

just enter back in.

The problem with the "Encountered an error copying the files" message is not your fault, Customize is right now only specialized for SummerBoard.
    When it is saying that, it means you have WinterBoard on your iPod, which Winterboard is not optimized for Customize yet. So keep on lloking in Cydia for some good WinterBoard addons!

Lock Icons work for me, but docks dont. Same with WallPaper.
    --------------------------------------------------
    AND I NOW HAVE A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM!!!!

You will need to remove the Saurik Theme. (If you like the Saurik theme, then just pick a random theme for WinterBoard, download it and install it.)

1) SSH into your iPod Touch using WinSCP.
    2) Locate the directory "/Private/Var/Stash/Themes.UWB8Y6"
    3) Enter in the Saurik theme (*or whatever you downloaded) AND DELETE EVERYTHING IN THAT FOLDER!
    *If you downloaded a theme, make sure you back up the files for a safe removal.
    5) Rename the theme folder WITHOUT the .theme extention added.
    (You may want to bookmark this folder for easy access)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING DO YOU WANT TO DO???
    a) Dock
    b) Wallpaper
    c) Icons

6a) Download a dock you want from a file set in customize. (Or full themes)
    6b) Have your photo edited to 320x480 .png format
    6c) Create a Sub-Folder in the Theme Folder Called "Icons"

7a) SSH to "/private/var/mobile/Library/Customize2..."
    7a1) .../(Theme Name)/Dock
    7a2) .../FileSets/(FileSet Name)
    7b) SSH to the Theme Folder of Yours
    7c) From the Customize Folder or other Winterboard apps, copy the icon files to a random folder on your computer.

8a) Copy only the dock that has a 1 on the end of it, and put it in your computer.
    8b) Copy the file to your iPod and rename it as Wallpaper.png. (MAKE SURE THE PNG IS NOT CAPITALIZED)
    8c) Go back to your Icon folder in the iPod and paste all of the files in that folder!

9a) Copy the file to your iPod and rename it Wallpaper.png.

10) Go into WinterBoard and apply the theme, then respring.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If your theme turns out to look somewhat like this.
    (Everything you applied)

THEN YOU HAVE CREATED YOUR OWN THEME FOR WINTERBOARD!!!!!!

No .plist's needed =D, anit that awesome?

To tell the truth, I just ******* made this up as I was creating my own theme, I did both the editing of the theme and writing up this ***** *** how to manual at the same time.
    Took me about an hour... WOW!!!!

Well good luck!!!!
    Last edited by iwirthless; 2008-08-14 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have 2.1 3g jailbroken iphone. I added Customize, however when I open the theme browser I get this message " Files not found. Customize could not find the required files to run offline. Go online and run customize to update files." Does anybody know what this means? Ive been using customize for over a year and have never come across this. Please help. Thanks, Lauree

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

It either means that customize isn't like, ported or ready to work with 2.1yet(most likely) or you just don't have a good wifi connection.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default files not found offline
    Same here I've used customize with both generation iphones and have never run into this problem b4 upgrading to 2.1 on the 3G model. I've tried everything plus searched all over the net and haven't found a way past it. MY WI-FI connection is very strong also so it's not the issue. I think customize may not be compatible with the 2.1 upgrade. I've noticed while re-installing winterboard there's a warning on Cydia where they mention that apple switched the way the cache works...thought it may have somethin to do with that. If anyone found a way round the problem pls post the solution thanks

Thanks

Customize server and website are both down because of the way 2.1 works some tweaking of customize is necessary. Saw a post where spicy chicken is in the porcessof moving and doesn't hve a lot if time to work on customize right now but supposedly he plans on getting to it.

What I did since I had all my customize themes backed up on my of is begin to convert them to work in winterboard. Mainly requires a different folder structure and renamingvof the png files. Search the site here for the tutorial on creating winterboard themes.

Hi guys! I need help! I really want to add some files to my customize 2.1 on my iphone 2.0.2. Can anyone tell me where to add sounds for the unlocking, locking, message recieved,message sent and other more? I've been I've been trying to add tones to /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize2/Sounds/(specific folder) but when i open my customize the tones i added are not there (the tones i'm adding are the tones i used before with my old customize. What am I doing wrong?

THANKS!!!!

try to install FWchanger on cydia then change your firmware to 2.0 then install customize..it works on my 3g 2.1 fw

Hi Guys
    Same Problem i am havnf with customize 2.1
    have 2.1 3g jailbroken iphone. I added Customize, however when I open the theme browser I get this message " Files not found. Customize could not find the required files to run offline. Go online and run customize to update files." . What is the Solution?????? And Not even Preview works in customize

iPhone? More like MyPhone apummell's Avatar
    Thanks

their is no solution i think the customize server is down

uninstall your customize 2.1 and install FWchanger on cydia open FWchanger app and change your firmware to 2.0 then install customize 2.1...check if you get the same message again..it works on my iphone 3g 2.1

Thanks

I would be veerrry careful using FWChanger. It gave a lot of people swods. Me included.

After doing a research, it mentions that the server has been down now.So,if anyone of us knows how to fix it up,please post an essential approach,it would be great.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=134341&dateline=12227  78385

Default Customize Errors on 2.1 ??? No Workie
    Same Problem with customize 2.1

"have 2.1 3g jailbroken iphone. I added Customize, however when I open the theme browser I get this message " Files not found. Customize could not find the required files to run offline. Go online and run customize to update files." . What is the Solution?????? And Not even Preview works in customize"

any ideas ???????????
    Last edited by absorber1; 2008-09-27 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks

The customize server does not work on 2.1 yet!!! Okay?! Read before you post.

Hey how did you get Customize 2.1 to work? Iv been trying to get it from Cydia but it wont work it keeps on going back to the home screen!

Thanks

Thats been a veeeeery long running problem with Customize. I don't know if it's available in 2.x Cydia, but install SUID Lib Fix. I solved the problem in 1.1.x. I really don't know why you want Customize. You can't do anything with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i used fwchanger and it doesnt work

but now when i try to change it back to 2.2 it wont change back

does anyone know how to fix?