Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: To Jailbreak or not?

Default To Jailbreak or not?
    Hi,

I' ve just received a free Iphone touch as part of an upgrade from Orange. I' ve updated it to version 2.01 the latest and I ve put a ton of cool apps it from the Itunes store on it.

What I want to know is; if I now jailbreak the phone what will happen? Will I be able to use as I i am currently or will it hinder use and future updates?

Thanks, AK

Any response appreciated!

Any response appreciated!
    Last edited by Icepecks; 2008-08-11 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbreaking it will keep your apps. It may clear the ipod completly but a resync with the PC will put all the apps back on. It will hinder future updates for say...a couple days of release untill that firmware is Pwned

Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

Thanks.
    So is Installer on Jailbreak the only way of getting free apps or are there other plcaes to go?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

theres installer 4 and Cydia, Cydia has far more apps at the moment. I would definately recomend that you Jailbrake, it will turn your Touch/iPhone into a new device. As said above you wont loose any of yoir apps from appstore, just resync.

IphoneCrazy
    /Marc