Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winpwn not working with itouch!!

Default Winpwn not working with itouch!!
    I have an itouch and was trying to use the ipsw builder, and some of the tabs, or screens are not even showing up!!! I opened up the 2.0 this time, but when I used 1.1.4 it had the same prob!! i have no clue why the hell it isn't working!

btw the screen which isn't showing is advanced when I open 2.0...
    Last edited by golden_child; 2008-08-07 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok you gotta help me here

What is the software name you are pwning called?
    iPod,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw

If Yes, then do you have the custom restore?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iwirthless For This Useful Post:

golden_child (2008-08-07)

yeah thats the one i'm using, and it looks like i do have the custom one, but that might not have been a good idea since it prob won't work now cuz i couldn't select custom payloads, or anything on the advanced tab....

OHHH OK

What Version of winpwn you got?

2.0.0.3/the new one

"winpwn 2.0.0.3 RC1"
    Last edited by golden_child; 2008-08-07 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

DUDE you have no problem then!!!!!

It's not supposed to enter Advanced mode and have a custom payload.

Dude, that was apart of the new WinPwn. All you need to do is Install Cydia, Fix Youtube, pwn iTunes, DFU your iPod, and upload your custom firmware!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iwirthless For This Useful Post:

golden_child (2008-08-07)

AHAH wow ok, uh btw is the new update for itouch supported yet?

oh, and it just exited, is it supposed to?

as in there wasn't a notification saying whether or not itunes was pwnd, but i'll try and see, and get back to u/

uhh yeah it says unknown error, when i open up the custom restore 2.0...?

i'm currently building a new ipsw
    Last edited by golden_child; 2008-08-07 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2.0?
    or 2.1? If 2.1, NO!

Retry pwning iTunes.
    It should work

yeah error 1403...i hate that....

lol, I was gettin this all the time.

Just try again with the IPSW builder.
    MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS NO CUSTOM PAYLOAD!!!

and if you have your own boot images, make sure they are 360x420 or below and a .png format.

AND DONT OVERWRITE THE PREVIOUS FILE, I did that, and WinPwn crashed.

It STILL has that same freaking error 1403!

so thats what it does crash... hmm well its buildina a new ipsw without overwriting lol... lets see if it works this time...
    Last edited by golden_child; 2008-08-07 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

so thats what it does crash... well it keeps on failg, or crashin...

oh ok

then try re-installin WinPwn

good news and weird news, good news is that it made a new custom restore ipsw, the weird news is that it i guess crashed when it was done making it...??

the message is too fast for me to read if it successfully pwned itunes...guess i'll find out soon hahah

itstill haz that damn error!

welll i'm gonna try and use Ziphone....
    i think winpwn sucks, or just doesn't like me lol
    Last edited by golden_child; 2008-08-07 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Look, firstly you need to have adequate amount of RAM to use Winpwn since it stores the extracted IPSW in the RAM.
    Secondly, follow this guide properly and you will Pwn your iPod. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/news/25...-released.html
    Now instead of using the iPhone IPSW, get the 2.0 IPSW for your iPod and use that in the guide

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Lol, Yeh, Restart Your Comp. You need 300MB of RAM for the ISPW to be created.

(**** I feel stupid)

Then re-pwn your iTunes and follow my steps.

soooo IT WORKED WITH ZIPHONE, but i hhave to use 1.1.4 f-ware... can i g e t 2. 0?or 2. 0 1??? ? ?

um so itunes says my ipod needs to b restored... i have nothing on my ipod btw that i did bfore, music, videos, fotos, what i doo?

uhh my ipod is froozeen at a black screen... idk what to do.... it WON'T restore, or do anything, and isnt recognized by itunes

Yeah I still got nothin i'll just wait till the freakin battery dies... idk what more to do or i could go to the apple store tomorrow...
    Last edited by golden_child; 2008-08-11 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Please can you type properly so it makes it easier for us to understand.
    Right now your iPod is in DFU Mode and has to be restored, if your iPod does not show up I suggest you try and hook it up on another computer and restore it from there. Restore to 1.1.4 and then restore to 2.0 and then pwn your iPod using Winpwn with the CORRECT IPSW and you should be all OK. Don't send it to Apple Store as they will find out it has been jailbroken and you might lose your warranty.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

tried it, but its not recognized by my comp., as in no sound comes on to detect it, or anything...

Isn't there a jailbreak warranty I can get, because I think i need one...
    Last edited by golden_child; 2008-08-11 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast