Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Overheats and ends up Burning User's Leg

Default iPhone 3G Overheats and ends up Burning User's Leg
    iPhone 3G Overheats and ends up Burning User's Leg

This has got to be one of the freakiest incidents involving the iPhone. A member of Mac Rumors forums claims that he fell asleep with the iPhone 3G in his pant pocket and woke up with extreme pain.

When he pulled out the iPhone 3G out of his pocket, it was apparently burning hot and had ended up burning his leg.

He also claims that it has melted the plastic at the back of iPhone 3G and even damaged the dock connector port.

However, the iPhone is still functional which indicates that the internal components are intact. But with the dock connector damaged, I guess the phone is useless as it cannot be neither charged nor synced.

He says that he had disabled 3G as well as push services and the screen was set to auto-lock in a minute, so the iPhone ideally shouldn't have been active.

He has also published photos to confirm his story which can be seen below:

If this is indeed true, then it appears to be a one off defect as this is the first time we are hearing about such an incident with the iPhone.

The good news is that Apple customer service has assured him that they will replace his damaged iPhone.

Have you ever noticed your iPhone overheating?

direct copy from iphonehacks okay just wanted to see what people think of this also didnt know if i should put it here.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

why is it blue?

that sucks
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Plastic is never really black, either just really dark blue or purple. Im assuming when it melted it made the color a little lighter causing it to appear bluer
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty778 For This Useful Post:

MIP (2008-08-04)

ya if i got burned by that i would sue apple frikin apple if i want to get burned by something i want to be burned by metal not cheap plastic u know cause the 3g is plastic back and old iphone is metal.

The same sort of thing happened with a PSP, a boy had his in his pocket and it overheated from a 3rd Party Battery, burning his leg.

The burn was a lot more severe.
    Last edited by KneeGrr; 2008-08-03 at 11:25 AM.

Not all iphones are perfect copies I guess @@@@@@@@@@

yeah my itouch almost burned me after i winpwned it i picked it up and it was like fire

so modmyi put this up on the front page not this thread but another one......