Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OMG help itouch major problem

Default OMG help itouch major problem
    or so my friend gave me his itouch today and i thought o well ill go home and jailbrake it yeah. so i did and some how in the middle my world turned upside down and my itouch is know super messed up it keeps having white letters and a black screen roll down and the the white apple appears and it keeps doing it please help

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

It sounds like you used something that isn't Pwnage Tool to jailbreak it. You need to DFU restore your phone. Plug it into your computer, hold the power and home buttons until it turns off. Then let go of the sleep button and keep holding the home button. Hold it for exactly 10 seconds. If your screen is blank and iTunes recognizes it, restore to 2.0, or 1.1.4. If the screen turns on, you need to try again.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Numberzz For This Useful Post:

MIP (2008-07-30)

ok i did this and there was a bright light the ITUNES LOGO but then it went away and now theres tons of BSD root:md0, major 2, minor 0 things

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MIP View Post
    ok i did this and there was a bright light the ITUNES LOGO but then it went away and now theres tons of BSD root:md0, major 2, minor 0 things
    What did you use to jailbreak it, anyway?
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Numberzz For This Useful Post:

MIP (2008-07-30)

yeah but i it said iphone so i thought it was ok to use was it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MIP View Post
    yeah but i it said iphone so i thought it was ok to use was it?
    Probably not. What program did you use? Pwnage Tool? WinPwn? ZiPhone? iNdependence?

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Numberzz For This Useful Post:

MIP (2008-07-30)

i just used ibricker for that but then i got it to recover and ibricker failed so now i tried ipwn and now it wont turn on maybe i should use these things

Default blank screen but no recovery after...
    Quote Originally Posted by Numberzz View Post
    It sounds like you used something that isn't Pwnage Tool to jailbreak it. You need to DFU restore your phone. Plug it into your computer, hold the power and home buttons until it turns off. Then let go of the sleep button and keep holding the home button. Hold it for exactly 10 seconds. If your screen is blank and iTunes recognizes it, restore to 2.0, or 1.1.4. If the screen turns on, you need to try again.
    i did that, itunes showed up, saying it was 'waiting for ipod', with white screen on ipod, and after then screen goes black again, and itunes comes up with the following error "an ipod has been detectrd but it couldnt be identified properly. Please disconnet and reconnet ipod. An unknown error has occured (1605)

thanks for your help

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ozenda For This Useful Post:

MIP (2008-07-30)

Thanks

So whatever firmware your iPod was on, I want you to restore to a version that isn't the one you have installed. Turn off your iPod, hold the home button, and then plug it in, then when iTunes detects the iPod, restore to a version of the iPod firmware that ISN'T the one you are currently on. So that means 2.0 probably.

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Numberzz For This Useful Post:

MIP (2008-07-30)

ok so im going on a all nighter to get a pwned itouch and now winpwn doesnt do anything to the itouch but ill try the restore thing

ok so i just tried it and it says unknown error 25 or 20 and im running on 2.0 i tried 1.1.4 and 1.1.2 and nothing happened
    Last edited by MIP; 2008-07-30 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There's a thread somewhere here where it tells u how to go back down to 1.1.4 I beilieve u need itunes 7.5 ziphone patched and ilberty plus look it up

There's a thread somewhere here where it tells u how to go back down to 1.1.4 I beilieve u need itunes 7.5 ziphone patched and ilberty plus look it up
    Last edited by iancdp; 2008-07-31 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default found solution
    Quote Originally Posted by ozenda View Post
    i did that, itunes showed up, saying it was 'waiting for ipod', with white screen on ipod, and after then screen goes black again, and itunes comes up with the following error "an ipod has been detectrd but it couldnt be identified properly. Please disconnet and reconnet ipod. An unknown error has occured (1605)

thanks for your help
    ok guyz, i managed to fix the ipod:
    i did the same thingas in the begenin ( press the 2 buttons etc) and after the screen went white, i redid the same operation, press the top button and menu for 10 sec, then release top and itunes detected the ipod, and i was able to restore the ipod

i also managed to pwn it, by using an earlier version of winpwn, and it worked! i know have a jalibroken 2.0 ipod

hope this info can help

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You CAN'T have pwned 2.0 with a older version of Winpwn, oh and never Pwn an old firmware with 2.0.3

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech