Results 1 to 9 of 9

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: My iPod Touch won't connect to our wifi network

  1. #1
    Default My iPod Touch won't connect to our wifi network
    Its a locked network and it wont let my iPod Touch or my dads mobile internet device (its one of those ones with the stylises and with mobile windows on it) get onto it using the passcode which all the computers use to get on it. It works with all the computers but not with mobile devices it would seem (going off these 2 not working).

    How can i fix this?

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ankitsid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    college station, texas
    Posts
    264
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts

    what i do is when my mobile devices don't work with the wifi as in my laptop and ipod

    i go to the router and unplug it for like 30 seconds the plug it back in so basically restarts.
    that or find you IP address and put it in the browser where u put the URL and turn password protection off..

    worth a shot do the router thing first.
    they mess up sometimes and just require a restart

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitsid View Post
    what i do is when my mobile devices don't work with the wifi as in my laptop and ipod

    i go to the router and unplug it for like 30 seconds the plug it back in so basically restarts.
    It's been doing it since i got it on christmas day and has never worked so i doubt its a temporary thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by ankitsid View Post
    that or find you IP address and put it in the browser where u put the URL and turn password protection off..
    Which bits of this do you mean i should do on the computer and which bits do you mean i should do on my iPod Touch?

    Anybody else got any suggestions?

    And by the way, my laptop and my brothers laptop, and all 3 desktops work fine, its just mobile devices such as my iPod Touch.

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ankitsid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    college station, texas
    Posts
    264
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts

    do the IP address thing on the laptop
    sorry for not clearing that up

    go to command prompt if ur on XP
    and type in "ipconfig"
    itll bring up ur ip adresses i think its the gateway ip u take it paste it in the the browser and click enter.
    then it should ask for your password.
    like username which is usually "admin"
    then password which is usually "admin"
    or the password u put.

    turn the protection off
    if that doesnt do it
    im really sorry i couldnt be of anyhelp:{
    i tried. i had to do this with mine

  5. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone StrictlyBusiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    146
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts

    what are u using to encyrpt ur key is it like wep or something??
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitsid View Post
    do the IP address thing on the laptop
    sorry for not clearing that up

    go to command prompt if ur on XP
    and type in "ipconfig"
    itll bring up ur ip adresses i think its the gateway ip u take it paste it in the the browser and click enter.
    then it should ask for your password.
    like username which is usually "admin"
    then password which is usually "admin"
    or the password u put.

    turn the protection off
    if that doesnt do it
    im really sorry i couldnt be of anyhelp:{
    i tried. i had to do this with mine

  6. #6
    Ok, i have a list of a few passcodes my dad set up for it. I type in the one that we use for all of the computers on our network and get the error message "Unable to join the network "zoom"".

    I type in the second one and sucessfully join the network. Then when i attempt to access any web page it brings up the error message "Safari can't open the page because the address is invalid."

    Quote Originally Posted by StrictlyBusiness View Post
    what are u using to encyrpt ur key is it like wep or something??
    I have no idea what that means.

    Is there something he might have done when setting up the network or setting up the passwords which has blocked out mobile devices or stopped them from displaying websites or something?

    EDIT: ok, i am mistaken, i do apologize. His mobile device DOES work on the network and it does let him on using the first code but not the second code.

    EDIT 2: he told me that he stopped the second passcode from working ages ago and then upon further inspection, i discovered that the second code doesn't work on his mobile device and then i tried entering a completely random made up passcode on my iPod Touch and found that it connected but when i tried viewing a website it came up with the same "Unable to join the network "zoom"".
    Last edited by gottabeandrew; 2008-01-19 at 12:40 AM.

  7. #7
    what i do is this, first i do the ipconfig thing mentioned above, then i go to settings, reset, and then reset network settings. then i restart the ipod and im done.

  8. #8
    i have a jailbroken touch running 1.1.2 and ever since i did the installer update my wifi wont connect nor will my youtube. is there a package i need to re-install to get tis working.

    also have a jailbroken iphone with the new installer which is still working fine on the same network.

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unhappy ipod touch
    my ipod touch wont connect to the internet...i have a nokia n95 and it connects to the wifi with no problem

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •