Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Play Videos

Default Play Videos
    I have some R rated and G rated movies on my Touch, but I don't want my little boy watching the R rated movies. Basically I want the Video listing to be his shows, and use Finder to goto the directory where I have my R videos and start them up in the Video player.

Is there a way I can start up a movie using the iPod Video player?
    I was hoping to use "Finder" to locate my movies and select "Open With" to start up my movies. Funny thing is that I see the music player and all the apps I installed.. but no Video player.. unless I didn't recognize the name.

Note: I've SSH'd a mp4 movie on to my Touch and used Erica's Utilities playaudio to start up a video but it doesn't have all the controls as the standard iPod Video player.

Thanks for the help!

There is an application called swaptunes that i use. It lets u sync between 2 itunes libraries. You justpress the icon to switch back and forth.

I remember looking at that at one time.. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by d_sanche View Post
    There is an application called swaptunes that i use. It lets u sync between 2 itunes libraries. You justpress the icon to switch back and forth.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ankitsid's Avatar
    Thanks

thats just between comps or is it like splitting ur ipod in half
    then being able to switch

havnt ever used it

It's basically moving your files for the music & video to a different directory and clearing the name of your device. This way you can resync your device to another computer. Click the the program and everything comes back to normal. Applications are usuable both ways.

It works for me, but still wish I could run videos through Finder by clicking it.