Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is this a TOTAL BRICK? :S:S

Default Is this a TOTAL BRICK? :S:S
    My iPod Touch (1.1.4) has got a 100% black screen and doesn't respond to anything (not even the manual DFU-mode or connection to computer...)

i think the problem is that my iPod is stuck in the middle of a Hack/Pwn/Update..

If there is anything you might know about this please assist me.. thx

nvm.. worked it out..
    Last edited by magnusri; 2008-07-24 at 08:50 PM. Reason: solution found

your screwed!! that is what happend to me. i used an app ( i cant remember witch one) and that happend to me. i was able to return it to get a new one. then i used iliberty ( a whole lot safer).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BREWITUP For This Useful Post:

robotboy314 (2008-08-02)

hi pal make sure your sound is on on ur computer, press and hold the power and home buttons togeter untill u here the beep, now let go of the power button but keep pressing the home button until u here another beep. I've always managed to get them back in DFU no matter what condition u get them in.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gavin_T For This Useful Post:

hilmac (2008-07-29)

if the above fails make sure the phone is off and not pluged in the computer open itunes then hold the home button for a few seconds and plug the phone into your computer and wait for the dong sound then restore

I fixed mine by button mashing =D

See our thread, http://www.modmyi.com/forums/ipod-to...very-mode.html
    Last edited by david77123; 2008-08-05 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost