Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customise 2.0 keeps crashing...

Default 1.1.4 apps
    Hey guys,

Is there any reason why majority of the apps in installer dont work in 1.1.4?
    Last edited by gt4junkie; 2008-07-22 at 02:58 PM. Reason: problem solved, now a new problem

Thanks

Dont know what you are talking about, most of the apps work fine on 1.1.4 without modification.

When was the last time you did a restore and re-jailbreak of your phone? I found what you said to be the case the first time I upgraded to 1.1.4 but I just restored and re-jailbroke last week and just about everything works fine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

gt4junkie (2008-07-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gt4junkie View Post
    Hey guys,

Is there any reason why majority of the apps in installer dont work in 1.1.4?
    The user?
    To live, you have to lie

funny redcard, very usefull post aswell mate.

bhz1 i restored and re-jailbroke my ipod yesterday, i previously had 1.1.2 and everything worked fine.
    i tried installing customize and multiple games and i kept getting an error saying it requires firmware 1.1.(1,2,3).
    Downgraded to 1.1.3 and everything installs fine, so i definately wasnt the "user" as redcards usefull post suggested.
    Will probably just keep it on that for now.

Thanks

What did you use to jailbreak 1.1.4? Which Customize are you trying to install. Customize 2.0 or "old Customize". If its Old Customize you may have to edit a plist file to trick your iPhone into thinking you have firmware 1.1.3 running. At least that is what I had to do way back when I first upgraded to 1.1.4. A better option is to install Customize 2.0 (no relation to firmware 2.0). That should install and run straight out.

What games are you attempting to install?

Used Ziphone to jailbreak it, wasnt to keen on it but seemed like the most common way to jailbreak other than iLibertyx.

Decided to update to 1.1.4 and jailbreak with ilibertyx instead, was always alil skeptic of ziphone.
    instead of installer it comes with cydia so ive installed customize again but it still crashes but now ive atleast got a message saying if it crashes to install "suid fix from big boss" any idea where to get this from?
    Last edited by gt4junkie; 2008-07-23 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks

You can install Installer from Cydia. Both can be run together if you are still on 1.1.4. Download the SUID Lib Fix from there.

You might also want to install BossPrefs and under "more" you can run "Fix User Dir Permissions".

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

gt4junkie (2008-07-24)

bhz1 your a champ!!
    your helps really appreciated mate.

Sorry to be a pain dude, but where exactly is SUID lib fix in installer?
    I swear ive gone thru it 2-3 times now and i cant find it.
    Also is there any reason why i can see the iphone apps (maps,mail etc) in summerboard, but i cant access them?

do i need to go thru the guide and FTP them to my itouch again like i originally did.

I should have just left my itouch n 1.1.2
    >= (
    Last edited by gt4junkie; 2008-07-24 at 03:56 AM.

Thanks

its under Tweaks 1.1.4.

I generally look for apps by going to All Packages then entering the name in the search box.

When you say to can't access the apps do you mean you see the icons but when you tap them the app goes back to springboard?

man this is wierd.

cydia has tweaks 1.1.4, but installer doesnt, ends with 1.1.3

as for the iphone apps, you cant view them as a usable application, but when i go to boss prefs - hide icons, all my icons are there plus the iphone apps aswellm which is making me believe there installed but i cant view them.