Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch DEAD PIXELS (Can I restore, then send to Apple?)

Default iPod Touch DEAD PIXELS (Can I restore, then send to Apple?)
    Ok I will explain this in the most simplistic way possible...

I have an iPod Touch that is "jail-broken", has installer 3 and is customized with many 3rd party apps. I also recently discovered I have 3 dead pixels in the middle of my screen! I called apple and they said they could replace it no problem. My question is, If i go into iTunes and then click restore iPod, will it restore it back to default? If so then will apple be able to tell that I have previously "jail-broke" it? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

yes it will be fine . just hit restore and boom its back to factory settings they will not know a thing.

Thanks

Hit restore and send it away! My iPhone has bout 10 dead pixels, been meaning to send it in for the past month, haven't really gotten around to doing it...lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

dooley19 (2008-01-31)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneHero's Avatar
    Thanks

would you be sending it to them via mail? or going to an apple store? because when it first came out, i took in my iphone like a month into having it back to the store and was told they could not replace it because of a few dead pixels. took it to another store and they replaced it (tho i had to lie a bit and said the battery life was bad).
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."

I called apple and they told me if it was my negligence then obviously I would have to pay 250$! If its a defect then its free. I have taken an unbelievable amount of care with my iTouch (i have an invisible shield on it so there are no scratches)
    I wanted to be sure that they would not know anything and then not give me a replacement.