Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flashing Screen / White Bars

Question Flashing Screen / White Bars
    hey just wondering, but my ipod occasionally freezes while using certain apps such as screenshot, the square button thing bring me back to springboard, but the sleep/wake button does nothing and i can like go back to my apps and pick which one i want, but when i open the app, the touch doesn't work, then it freezes up, it doesn't turn off or sleep or anything, then i wait like 5 minutes and it flashes black and white.. and then on start up sometimes there's white bars on restart right after i slide to unlock... any ideas?
    aim: ryanalmightyy get at me

Default Uninstall
    The problem IS Screenshot, it can mess up your Touch. You should uninstall before you have to restore it. It's been causing these problems for a lot of people, the program should be fixed or deleted. Try downloading Dock and using it's screenshot.

After re-reading, I'm thinking you can't use anything in the first place. In that case you will have to restore.
    Last edited by bhart350; 2008-01-06 at 09:20 AM.

just dont use any more screenshot.app, uninstalled, and use the one that is on dock.app.
    now when the screen start to flashing like crazy bi@#$!#$ch, just hold the power botton, a couple minutes, in not saying to "restore" you ipod, just hold the POWER botton a few minutes till shut down, and try to go to installer and unistall it, if don't work doit it again and again, , i use to have the same problem with screenshot.app the screen start flashing and those white brars, and everything, so i did uninstalled and now is good...........

Default Screenshot app > Frozen screen / How to?
    ok,
    sorry for my frenchy english:

got pissed off two times by this crappy app with a frozen screen and impossible to go to installer to uninsnstall it, so : here is a trick to take the bug off the iphone or touch and avoid a restore:

- plug your iphone with cable.
    - on mac, use fugu or transmit to enter the ssh screen:

there :
    go to applications/
    and delete the screenshot thing

then go to /usr/bin/
    and delete the screenshot thing

and...
    go to /Library/LaunchDaemons
    and delete the "nl.robota.iphone.screenshot.plist" ****!

Push the "power on/off" iphone button
    switch off the red lockdown

restart:
    here you go : saved!

peace.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blaakmambaa For This Useful Post:

ricmac25 (2008-02-05)

You're a lifesaver, you just saved 2 hours of my life. Thanks.

I got out of that.
    I realized that the ipod still responds to SSH so I went to the screenshot app folder and removed all permissions then when I got into my homescreen I turned off the enable button and reapplied permissions.

Worked for me.