Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NES Controller for iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb NES Controller for iPhone
    Someone hooked up a NES controller to an iPod photo a while back in this video. Do you think someone could do this for the iPhone. After all, it is crazily hard to play games with the touch screen. Or maybe someone could make it so you set down your iPhone/iPod side ways on a desk and they make the cable for the NES controller an iPhone connecter cable, and you plug it into the iPhone/iPod and play. Now that would be cool. I have no clue of how to do wiring/soldering stuff though.

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/scnjoG_C6Sw&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/scnjoG_C6Sw&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Hehe
    Yeh, that's f00f00 from acidmods, he does a lot of this modding stuff, some of his PSP modding is ace. Your best bet is to go to acidmods.com and ask him yourself if he can give you any info on doing this for the iphone.

I will tell you this however, that ipod has linux running on it which means you have peripheral access to the dock connector.

It won't be that simple on the iphone since we don't have access to such parts of the hardware within the official firmware, and i'm going to guess at a no, of it being possible to run linux on the phone just like the ipod. It's a WIP, google it.

For the time being, i'd say forget it, it's not possible.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ankitsid's Avatar
    Thanks

d*mn
    i was gonna ask the same thing
    because it gets hella hard playing with the touch
    screen that is

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember when I had Linux and DOOM on my iPod Video... Good times... Anyways I saw this video a long time ago, and found out its quite an easy mod, but with some soldering required. Tutorial here.

Thanks

so its possible for the iPoT
    and the iPhone??
    or what
    that and is anything possible for 2nd gen nano?

bluetooth peripherals would be better. no wires, less mess, no soldering. A bluetooth keyboard would be great for gaming and text input, and browsing even.

But, i know this has been said before, and i know the bluetooth has issues. And, as mentioned, i'm not sure programmers have access to the dock connector in such a way. BUT, maybe more realistically, we could share a peripheral hooked up to a desktop with iphone or ipod touch over wifi or usb. i've seen stuff like that for windows mobile (ex: http://66.179.161.27/software_detail.asp?id=18800 ). less convenient, i know, but if thats a way that the community's (amazing) programmers could actually pull it off, i'd jump for joy.

just putting it out there. maybe someone with the talent to do something about it will read this.

Thanks

i would LOVE a keyboard
    typing on that screen gets to be a hassle at pointts

but hey its still and ipod right:]

I think that i would pay a good bit of money for a nice controller pad for the itouch's games...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

Well that sucks that there's no access to the dock.

If you would love to have a keyboard to play those games, then install the emulator on your desktop!
    The whole point is you have the games to screw around with in your pocket on your phone. You can easily play the same games WITH a keyboard on your PC.

Thanks

If you want a keyboard, use a laptop. As for NES with a controller, get a NES system.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

What's Jailbreak? vicentico_007's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, I'm agree with that. I love NES games but playing them in iPhone is exasperating.

Has anyone seen one of these work? I know it's old an dbeen searching the net for weeks. I have a camera connector I can use to plug in a USB retro controller, but I don't know if the app supports it. I can't find any information and don't wanna buy a controller until I know it works. Any info would be awesome. You can email if you want.

Thanks
    Ryan
    [email protected]