Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Angriness at Apple

Default Angriness at Apple
    Ok!?! How come iPod Touch users have to pay $9.99 for an update that is free for iPhone users?! Its ridiculous. We spent money for the MP3 player (alot of money) and now they want to charge us more! I know it might not seem like much but still, if the iPhone users get it free how come we don't! This is the general reason i jailbreaked(? is that the plural, or Jailbroke?) my iPod.
    Apple, next time you release an update, try not to scab a few extra bucks out of the iPod touch users.
    On the other hand, you have fingers

Despite not owning an ipod touch, I also wondered about this. I also can't help but to wonder what's going to happen for future major firmware updates...

It's pretty simple...

Apple knows that they will get risidual income from iPhone customer through their AT&T contracts, but the iPod touch users are completely independant. They are not bound by any contracts, therefore Apple may never receive any money from them after they buy their iPod.

If you own an iPod touch, and want firmware 2.0, $9.99 is a fair price. It's the same as buying Super Monkey Ball, but it's a much better value.

Trust me, for what iPhone users will be paying over the next two years, they'd gladly trade you that one time $9.99 payment for their monthly contract fees.

Hm.. See your point there. But i'm still not gonna upgrade any time soon. I think i prefer the installer app.
    On the other hand, you have fingers

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHA1C View Post
    It's pretty simple...

Apple knows that they will get risidual income from iPhone customer through their AT&T contracts, but the iPod touch users are completely independant. They are not bound by any contracts, therefore Apple may never receive any money from them after they buy their iPod.

If you own an iPod touch, and want firmware 2.0, $9.99 is a fair price. It's the same as buying Super Monkey Ball, but it's a much better value.

Trust me, for what iPhone users will be paying over the next two years, they'd gladly trade you that one time $9.99 payment for their monthly contract fees.
    He pretty much hit it on the head there. My Dad has an iphone and the monthly fees he's been paying is ridiculous - that's why I chose the touch.

Oh and BTW, "breaked" is not a word so naturally it would be "jail-Broke" .