Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to make my iPhone Returnable? :|

Default How to make my iPhone Returnable? :|
    Hey.. Any help would be appreciated.
    I just wanna know how I can return my iPhone to the store.. (I don't need there to be a problem with the phone, there already is one)
    How can I remove all trace of jailbreak, unlock, etc, so the Apple store will think I haven't done anything wrong the the phone? :/

Thanks for any help

~ The wonderful world of iPod ♫

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

restore with itunes. AND SERIOUSLY do a search next time. also look inside ur headphone jack to make sure water mark is not pink. if its pink you need to make it white again
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

?What does that pink mean then scream?

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Thanks

It means the phone's been in contact with water and therefore voids the warranty.

However, I'm told (rightly or wrongly) that even condensation from a bath/shower can cause it to change colour.

Otherwise, you're gonna need to open the phone up and do a little white-out.

what about the water mark left on the iPhone when you jailbreak it? anybody knows how to take this out???

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, yes, the jailbreakme telltale lines on the boot screen. I'd like to hear a solution to this, as I've heard they don't go away with a restore.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

A restore should wipe a userland jailbreak.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Default water mark after jailbreak
    What I have heard that even a restore or deleting everything on the phone will keep this kind of evidence that you have made a jailbreak and will void your warranty???

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

It does leave a tiny bit behind but most of the time Apple doesn't take the time to run the program on their stuff to check for it.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

what I have heard that they can easily found out that this iphone had been jailbroken even if was restored, and they will void your warranty and will not help you even with paid service???

What i did for my iPod Touch 2G was use poof, i hid all jailbreak apps, then went to settings and for the spotlight search turn off apps so they can't search cydia or anything, then just go return it, and it'll work they didn't find out, they don't take the time to look at EVERYTHING.

Just restore it! EVERYTHING will be deleted (If you donīt restore from backup).

PS. Jailbreak is legal in U.S.

What's Jailbreak?
    Pluto on the weekdays,Mars on the weekend.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGuy View Post
    It means the phone's been in contact with water and therefore voids the warranty.

However, I'm told (rightly or wrongly) that even condensation from a bath/shower can cause it to change colour.
    Well, I cant even find any sort of watermark in the jack,maybe i dont have enough light im not sure,but i think mine is pink because i left on it on the bathroom sink and i took a shower.