Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safari "Save Image As"

Default Safari "Save Image As"
    Is there any app (or any other way) to save images from web pages using Safari on the Touch similar to the way you can do so on a pc? You know, right click, save image as, then select the folder to save it in. Is it possible yet? Currently, I'm doing the HistoryDL thing (which isn't as easy as a "save image as" app would be.

Quote Originally Posted by ortizlgnd View Post
    Is there any app (or any other way) to save images from web pages using Safari on the Touch similar to the way you can do so on a pc? You know, right click, save image as, then select the folder to save it in. Is it possible yet? Currently, I'm doing the HistoryDL thing (which isn't as easy as a "save image as" app would be.
    i use dock then take a screen shoot..... try this...... i think its on installer... its call dock

I dont think there is anyway to "save image as" or any other way to save images from Safari.
    Maybe dock method would work as said by cobra85ec, haven't tried it

Quote Originally Posted by ortizlgnd View Post
    You can now save images from the web using imageMailer - a combined bookmarklet and web app utility, which collects images from web pages so you can easily email them to friends or colleagues straight from your iPhone/iPod Touch.

This means you can also email the images to your Mac/PC, save them to a photo album in iTunes when you get home and sync them back to your iPhone/iPod to use as wallpapers etc.

http://www.rainsforth.co.uk/iphone/imagemailer/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ColinR For This Useful Post:

vinodis (2008-02-04)

The imagemailer's really neat, but unfortunately, it doesn't actually send the image as an attachment. Rather, it links to the image, which isn't that much better than just emailing the link to yourself using the function built into Safari. And useless for imageboards where images disappear relatively quickly, because by the time you go to a computer to check on the email, it's already gone.

Now, I used to use HistoryDL, an app that automatically pulls the history from MobileSafari and allows you to download any URL within that (including html, mp3, mp4 files, not to mention images), but it stopped working when I upgraded to 1.1.3. I've heard of it working for at least one other person in 1.1.3, though. Anyone else want to try it out? It's in the moyashi source.