Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mail on my ipod touch keeps shutting down..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Mail on my ipod touch keeps shutting down..
    hi just like to say thanks for some of the thread on here really helped alot.

I have a problem, the wife bought me a ipod touch for xmas (go it early for good behaviour lol) iv jailbreaked it and upgreaded it too 1.1.2 everything went well and everything like maps/weather/nes etc works perfect all apart from mail, it keeps shutting down, sometimes i get get it working for it too tell me i have new mail but as soon as i click on inbox it shuts down, this is starting too pee me right off, iv googled me head off today trying to find a cure but cant come up with anthing, this is were you guys come in, im hoping asking you guys might bring out some tips on how to resolve this issue. iv installed summerboard, but i dont have the dim function turned on so we can count that out for starters.

im really at a loss here i was going to do a full restore and try again but im hoping i can get away with that, as im sure i did everything right the first time..

my pc has windows xp pro on and iv been using winSCP to add files to the ipod..

looking forward to reading your views and tips. thanks

anyone have any ideas????
    Last edited by Rustynuts; 2007-12-23 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Did you install the mail prep program before installing mail?

Check the mail application and make sure its permissions are set to 0755 in winSCP.

Uninstall and then re-install?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default 1.1.2 mail app needed, please help
    hi first of all sorry if this is in the wrong section and also sorry if asking for this is frowned upon, iv searched google and this forum but have come up with zero. im in the need for the version 1.1.2 of mail from the iphone for my ipod touch as i think thasts the reason why its crashing on me. if someone has a link of could email me i would be very greatful. my addy is [email protected]. thanks and look forward to your replys.

Last edited by Broomhead; 2007-12-23 at 06:30 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

Rustynuts (2007-12-23)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

cheers mate, is that defo 1.1.2 apps. im downloading anyways fingers crossed eh.

sorted cheers mate that did the job perfect....
    Last edited by Rustynuts; 2007-12-23 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yes its from my 1.1.2 iPhoneEnjoy

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

all ppermissions are set correctly, I'm unsure what version of mail I have, since my iPod is 1.1.2 do I have too have same version of mail???

All sorted i was running 1.1.1 software on a 1.1.2 ipod DOH, big thanks to BroomHead :thumb:
    Last edited by Rustynuts; 2007-12-23 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have the similiar problem with my iphone where when I click on the mail the screen goes black and then I get to the slide to unlock screen and it stay in a loop till I either reset or turn it off and on.