Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: itunes syncs the music twice

Default itunes syncs the music twice
    since i have more music than the ipod touch can hold, i made a playlist for my ipod touch, so when i sync it, it will only sync the playlist. what i want to do is to include the 'recently added' playlist onto my touch so all i have to do to listen to the recently added songs is to go to 'playlist' then 'recently added', but if i have songs that are on both playlists, then it adds it in twice when i sync. for instance, if i a song called 'song 1' on my ipod touch playlist, and its also on my 'recently added' playlist, it will add song 1 in my ipod twice, which takes up twice the memory space i have on the touch. is there a way to fix this? like if its on both playlists, i want itunes to recognize that and only sync it in once, but have it on both playlists. i hope this is not confusing.

Thanks

Uhh, i'm not sure if you're saying you have the same song on 2 playlists and you think the file is being stored on your ipod twice? If so, then it isn't. You can have 500 playlists with 1 song, and there will only be only copy of that song on your ipod
    To live, you have to lie

yeah thats what i was talking about. but when i sync the two playlists, the storage space gets smaller even though all the songs in the recently added list is in my other playlist. ill try it again and see what happens.